part 27: bollocks

"Nick!" I squealed into the phone.

Nick was one of my best friends back in London. Tall, dark, and handsome, I had known him since childhood. He was smart, studious, and loved to read, but he had slept with almost all the girls at my old school. This didn't matter to them, because all of them were in love with him. 

I was as well, until I met my ex boyfriend, Tom. After I moved to Bristol, I hadn't heard from Nick, except for a few texts. 

"Vivian Easton," he said, his voice deep and gravelly. "How I've missed you."

"Fuck you, Nicholas, when was the last time you called me?" I said.

"Sorry, angel, you know I've been busy," he said, chuckling.

"With who this time?" I sighed.

"Too many to count," he said, and I could hear his smirk through the phone.

"Gross," I said. "I'm on my way, I'll bring my friends so you can meet them."

I hung up the phone, smiling. Cook looked at me, confused. 

"Who the fuck is Nicky?" Cook said, sitting up. 

"One of my best friends," I said. 

Cook still looked confused, so I elaborated. 

"From London, I've known him since I was two. Anyways, Poppy, Nicky, and Oliver, Poppy's boyfriend, are at my house right now. Come meet them?" I said, looking pleadingly around the room. 

"Is he fit?" Katie asks. 

"Yeah, most definitely," I said. 

"I'm in," Katie said, standing up. 

"JJ and Cook?" I said, pointing at Cook.

"Jesus," Cook said, standing up. "Am I getting laid tonight if I don't go?"

I glared at him.

"That's a no, so get your shit, J, we've gotta get out of here, and fast, before Viv beats us up," he said, grabbing JJ and pulling him out of of the room.

I laughed, as I heard JJ as Cook dragged him down the stairs. 

"Why is Vivi going to beat me up? Aren't you the one," his voice fading away as they got further from the room.

"Come on, Kates, let's go," I said, grabbing her hand and pulling her after them.

♕⋆♕⋆♕

Walking down the street to my house, I saw a flash of red hair, next to two dark heads.

"Poppy!" I screamed, running towards my house, leaving Cook and the others behind. 

I threw my arms around her enthusiastically, her reciprocating immediately. We fell over, our legs collapsing.   

"Pops, Pops, I missed you so much," I said. 

"Vivi, Vivs, I love you," she said, laughing into my hair. 

I felt a strong arm pull me up, and into another hug. Looking up, I saw Nick smiling down at me. 

"Aww, Icky, I missed you so much," I said, pulling him into a hug. 

"Aww, Viv, you're still a bitch," he said into my hair. 

Pulling back, I looked at him with a false look of outrage. 

"What the actual fuck are you talking about, you love me," I said.