part 21: fuckin div

a little context: the mendip hills are a place near bristol, with lots of cliffs and it's supposed to be really beautiful. i'm not familiar with the area at all, so there's going to be a lot of artistic license taken, just a quick warning! also, here's a photo so you can visualize. 

I sat in the passenger seat, looking out the window at the massive towers of rock next to the car

I sat in the passenger seat, looking out the window at the massive towers of rock next to the car. It was truly beautiful, moss and grass growing on the boulders, like something straight out of the Hobbit. The cliffs towered over the car, dwarfing everything and filling the horizon. The rocks reminded me of sleeping giants; curled up for so long that nature had grown over them, accepted them into the landscape. 

I tucked my blonde hair behind my ear, absentmindedly staring out the window while trying to drown out the ruckus my friends were causing behind me. 

I was happy we had managed to do this, to get away from school and our parents. My dad had barely agreed to let me go, but finally gave in after I pointed out it was my birthday. 

Cook, who had volunteered to drive, which we all immediately regretted after he nearly crashed into a roundabout, had his hand on my thigh, slowly tracing circles on my leg with his thumb. 

I watched him drive, his blue eyes furrowed in concentration. I couldn't help but smile; he looked so cute when he concentrated. 

I smiled down at his hand on my leg, before twisting to look behind me and see what everyone was yelling about. 

Effy was sitting on top of Freddy, both of them enthusiastically sucking each other's faces off. JJ, who was sitting in the back with them, was squished up against the window, desperately trying to breathe. Meanwhile, Katie, Emily, Tony, and Naomi were playing cards; Naomi was winning. Panda was talking Thomas' ear off, while he looked bewildered. Poor guy. 

I shook my head, and chucked someone's pillow at Freddy and Effy.

"Oy! Fucking disgusting, also you're killing JJ! I'm not joking, either!" I said, gesturing towards the face mark JJ had left on the window. 

Effy and Freddy pulled apart, which was almost more painful to watch, and Effy rolled her eyes.

"Fuck off, princess," she said with a smirk. "If Cook wasn't driving, you two'd be shagging already." 

Unnecessary, but probably true. 

Cook, who was evidently listening, chimed in. 

"Hey, can't fucking call 'er that, only I can! But, she's right," he says with a cheeky smirk at me. 

I roll my eyes and smile, but notice another car coming towards us. 

"Jesus, Cook, the road?" I scream. "Eyes on the road!"

He swerves back into the left lane just in time to narrowly avoid the oncoming car, who honks as they pass us.

I look at him in disbelief, as he continues driving as if nothing's wrong. He looked over and grinned at me cheekily.