part 8: slag

TW: PANIC ATTACK, ANXIETY

My short black dress restricted my movement as I climbed down the ladder that descended down the manhole cover. Cook stood at the bottom, waiting for me. 

He smirked as I reached the bottom, offering a hand which I pushed away. 

"Nice black thong, princess," he said.

"Fuck you, dickhead. Is that why you went first down the ladder?" I asked. 

"Of course, babes," he laughed as I walked away from him towards the underground rave. 

We walked in to the rave, and I saw Effy and Freddy dancing, with Katie and JJ nearby. I couldn't see Panda, Naomi, Thomas, or Emily, but I assumed they were somewhere close. 

Effy and Freddy noticed us first, and they smiled and came up to us. 

Before they could say anything, I blurted out, "I'm so sorry, you both. I'm a bitch."

Effy hugged me, whispering in my ear, "Don't worry, you're forgiven."

She pulled back, smiling at me, then looking at Cook, and then back at me. 

Freddy said, obliviously, "It's all right, Viv, didn't bother me or the rest of it much. Cook was pretty bothered, though, right Cookie?"

I turned to Cook behind me, and he looked away, then grabbed my hand and dragged me out into the throng. We both started dancing, and I felt a smile stretch across my face. This was the first time in a while I had felt truly free, and I let go of all the struggles and issues I had accumulated. 

Cook noticed the smile on my face, and leaned in. 

"Princess, that's not because of me, right? Cause I'm sorry, I'm just not interested," he said with a wink.

"Shut up," I said, with a smile. "Anyways, I would never go for someone like you, you're a manwhore. I don't know what kind of diseases you have," with a pointed look at his crotch.

He grabbed me by my waist, and pulled me closer as we were dancing, bringing his face close to mine. 

"Yea, if that's true, princess, why are you blushing?" he said, searching my face. I looked away, feeling a red flush rise to my face and I pushed him away.

He raised his hands, whooping, then cupped his hands around his mouth and yelled, "Viv wants Cookie, she wants to fuckkkk!" 

I covered my face with my hands, then screamed at him, competing with the noise of the crowd. 

"Fuck off, Cook!"

We smiled at each other, and we continued dancing, Cook throwing his hands up in the air and dancing with abandon. I copied him, running my hands through my hair, and closing my eyes in ecstasy. I put my arms around his neck, and we moved in time to the music. 

Effy danced up to us. She had a strange look in her eyes, which I'd never seen from her before. 

"So, Vivi, how are you and Tony?" she said.

I stopped dancing, and stared at her. 

"What?" I asked, wondering if I heard her right.

"Well, I thought you were together, because didn't you spend the night at ours last night. Or wasn't that you, who left in the morning? Tony seemed pretty happy this morning," she said, with a vindictive look in her eyes. 

"Effy, what the fuck?" I asked. "Why the fuck would you say that?"

"What, you didn't want Cook to know you're a fucking slag?" she responded maliciously. 

Cook turned to me, and said, "Viv, what is she talking about?"

I didn't respond, and stared at her in shock.

Why is she doing this?

Effy continued, "What, you have nothing to say? First, you fuck my ex boyfriend, then you fuck my brother?"

I continued to say nothing. I lifted my head, looked at her, and realized something. Effy was jealous. 

Fuck, Effy was jealous. 

I laughed at her, and she looked confused. 

"Effy, Effy, Effy. You're fucking jealous. You have a bloody boyfriend, and you're still fucking jealous over Cook."

She reeled as if she was slapped, and looked from Freddy to Cook, and then back to me. Freddy sighed, and shook his head. 

"Fuckin' hell, Effy. Fucking hell," He walked away, into the crowd, and then it was only Effy, Cook, and me left. 

"What the fuck," Cook said. He looked shocked and angry, but instead of directing that anger towards me, like I thought, he marched towards Effy. 

"What the FUCK, EFFY," he screamed at her. 

"You chose Freds over me. It fucked up our friendship, and I fucking loved you. I loved you, Effy. You were all I had, but you chose Freddy over me. You have no right," he screamed, very upset. 

"And just when I was getting over you," he turns to look at me, the anger and betrayal in his face softening. Then it hardened. The anger I had expected that he initially directed towards Effy was now directed at me. I visibly cringed, and met his gaze. 

Before he could say anything, I stopped him. 

"Cook, I didn't. I wouldn't shit on you again, Cook, I wouldn't do it," the tears started coming. "I wouldn't," my voice trailed off and I started shaking. I could feel a panic attack coming on, and I couldn't breathe. 

Fuck, fuck, fuck, not here. 

The anger turned into concern, and Cook reached out to grab me. Effy, still standing there, started to sob, and Cook turned to her. 

"Fuck off, Effy, go find your boyfriend," he snarled. She looked at him, and disappeared through the crowd, presumably after Freddy. 

"Cook, please," I sobbed, sinking down to the floor. "Please don't leave, I wouldn't."

He sunk down to my level, putting one hand to my cheek. 

"Vi, I," his voice trailed off as I sobbed harder. I felt the panic coming on more, as he didn't talk. 

"I have to get out of here," I said frantically, trying to stand. As I stood, I felt lightheaded, and the room around me started to spin. The room went black, and the last thing I heard was Cook's voice.

"Viv!"

AN: A lot of new people are reading this, thank you so much! make sure to vote and comment, it really encourages me to write!