S1 E2: Secrets

Dinosaur (carnivores) = talking

Dinosaur (herbivores) = talking

Thinking = talking

Temperance talking to Dinosaurs = talking

By the time Roxie, Dave, Kenji, and Darius arrive I am in a wheelchair with the IV still in my right hand. Roxie and Dave drop Kenji and Darius off at the common room then go to check the other kids. I roll myself using the automatic controls on the wheelchair into the common room after a good few minutes. Darius looks at me shocked at the fact of the IV attached to my hand. Kenji bows his heads after seeing me. Darius asks, "Are you ok?"

"I'm fine. I told you that being Dinosaur linked is bad on a human body. I have done this every three days since I was eight, so I am used to it." I tell him.

Dave and Roxie arrive beyond pissed. Dave says, "We gave Brooklyn a warning for sneaking out. But what you two chuckleheads did--"

"-Especially you, Kenji! Your recklessness puts your, Darius, and Dave's lives in danger! What if the Velociraptors used you two to lure Temperance away from safety, then eat you?! We should call your parents and tell them--" says Roxie in leacher mode.

But Darius interrupted saying, "It was my fault!"

Roxie, Dave, Kenji, and I look shocked. Darius continued, "I jumped into the pit. Kenji was... trying to save me."

Kenji slides next to Darius, puts his arm over Darius's shoulder and says, "Yeah that's it. I... I was saving the poor, confused little kid."

Kenji gives us a show. I frown. Roxie seems to agree, "I'm sorry, so, Darius the dino-genius was saved by Kenji, the kid who thinks dinosaurs went extinct because, and I quote, "Their fart turned the air trashy"?"

Kenji says, "prove me wrong, yo."

Darius and I both sign. Roxie calls their bluff, "Yeah, it's just that Brooklyn's account is quite different from yours."

Kenji says, "Pfft! Brooklyn. Look, it was dark, she was confused. She needs glasses." He chuckles, "Vanity, am I right? What's important is that I'll keep looking out for the kid, here. You're welcome."

Kenji pulls the 'I'm-innocent' look. Roxie hums. She looks at both of them. Darius does a better innocent look. Dave says buying it, "No harm, no foul. Let's chalk the whole tithing up to experience. Lessons, friendships-- this is what camp's about! Who's with me?"

Roxie isn't as convinced as Dave. She says, "Fine. But one more misstep... "

"I... We won't let you down." Darius says, gesturing to himself and Kenji.

Kenji pops his lips. Roxie doesn't look impressed at all. Darius says, "So, what are we doing tomorrow?"

Kenji and Darius are frogmarched to the bunks. Roxie looks at me and says, "Are you alright, Temperance?"

"I am alright. I am going to bed again. Goodnight," I say rolling the wheelchair back to my room. Roxie moves my IV bag to the pole that is next to the bed.

The next morning, after everyone got ready for the day. We are in front of a giant pile of Dino-crap. Roxie throws two shovels at Darius and Kenji. She says, "enjoy cleaning this up, boys."

She walks away, saying, "We're going to the genetics lab."

Everyone except Kenji and Darius follows her to the 6X4. Brooklyn takes a picture of the two with Dino-Crap Mountain. Dave throws a small bottle to Darius. Dave says, "Cologne. That'll help with the smell. And the ladies. What-what? But mostly the smell. The stench of dinosaur poo can really linger."