S2 E2: The Art of Chill

___Rebel___

Darius and I are in a tree with binoculars. We see a pair of Baryonyx running around and in the air are Pteranodons.

___Temperance__

Kenji is bored throwing rocks at a tree. As he throws another Yaz catches it and glares at him. Darius and Rebel climb down from the tree that Kenji is under. Darius sighs. Everyone walks over except Yaz and I. We are limping. Without more clean bandages, I could get worse. And Yaz won't let her sprained ankle heal. Darius says, "The Pteranodon are nesting on the eastern mountains, so that's out."

Bad news. Sammy pulls out a map. We can't stay on Main Street because of dinosaurs. The mountain, grasslands, and jungle are out because of dinosaurs. And Kenji's penthouse is out because he is bad at math. So, we head all the way back to Camp. It is a wreck and a half. But it has things we need to survive, a stream of fresh water, cover from weather, and dinosaurs. And we got supplies to make a shelter. Yaz is bumped to start clearing out debris. I go to help out. Darius says, "Hey, Yaz, Tem, maybe it's best if you two sat this one out?"

Yaz goes down. While I am supporting myself on the big chunk of debris. Sammy says, "You two are still hurt. All this running the last few days ain't helping any."

Rebel adds, "Temperance may have given you a brace but that will not speed heal you. And last night Temperance and I took a look at her wounds. Some of them need stitches badly."

Darius looks at a map and says, "Based on this symbol, there might be some clinic nearby. We'll see if we can find anything useful for Yaz and Temperance. Just rest here."

Yaz says, "No way! I'm not sitting around while you go back out there. I can pull my own weight."

I say, "I agree with Yaz. I can help."

Sammy says stopping her from getting up, "rest. You'll need that ankle to win gold medals when we get off this island, okay?"

Sammy turns to me, "You need to rest too."

Kenji says, "And I'll stay behind to make sure they rest."

Yaz says, "Can it be someone else? Literally anyone else?"

Darius says, "Ok. Great plan. Kenji, while Yaz and Temperance rest, start sorting through the broken stuff and find anything we can use."

Kenji says, "A hundred percent... maybe."

Brooklyn grabs three broken boards. Rebel unsheathes his knife. Brooklyn, Sammy, Darius, and Rebel leave.

_____ Rebel _____

We are walking to the clinic. I see a stripped tree. Sammy found a Stegosaurus plate. Sammy and Darius talk about the new behavior. They want to find the Stegosaurus's poop. Brooklyn and I are walking away. Then I hear a whirring sound. Both Brooklyn and I raise our weapons. Brooklyn asks, "Did you hear that?"

I say, "Unless we are both having a hearing hallucination."

Sammy and Darius run over. The whirring sound stops.

Brooklyn says that it was nothing and keeps going.

___ Temperance ___

I am bandaging the wounds that I can reach. I turn in time to see Kenji stretch. And I mean he is going at it. Like he is going to do a full-body routine at a gym. Kenji says, "Okay, task one: pick through camp garbage for useful garbage."

He looks at two planks, moving them around with his foot, and says, "complete."

Then he goes to the tree that I am next to and sits down. Yaz is not amused. She says, "That's it. Dude, you didn't even try."