Season 2 Ep. 1: A Beacon of Hope

X_dead_of_write_X : EEEE!!! Hear that loud scream? Yep that's me you don't know how loud I screamed when I saw this

Me: Well, I didn't hear it. But I currently read it.

I do read your comments. Some I will respond before the chapter.

____________________________________________________________________________

Dinosaur (carnivores) = talking

Dinosaur (herbivores) = talking

Temperance talking to Dinosaurs = talking

Radio = talking

Temperance's P.O.V.

We are running from whatever was chasing the Parasaurolophus. Darius is at the lead, yelling, "Run! Run! Run!"

Sammy and Brooklyn are helping Yaz. Brooklyn asks, "Is the Parasaurolophus still there?"

Then a little behind them is Kenji, Rebel, and I. The Parasaurolophus is catching up to Kenji. He looks back. The T-Rex lauchs at the Parasaurolophus and misses. Kenji yells, "Aah! Not anymore!"

As the T-rex gains ground, Darius points to a fallen tree and says, "Over there! Cover!"

The T-Rex is focused on the Parasaurolophus!

Come here! I want to eat!

Yeah, well I don't want to be the main course!

Darius dives under the tree. Kenji helps Yaz over while Rebel helps me. Then everyone else climbs over to the other side of the tree.

I got you!

Darius looks over as the T-Rex drags the Parasaurolophus off to be eaten. He whispers, "They're gone."

Everyone sighs in relief. Kenji asks, "Why are there so many dinosaurs around?"

Rebel asks, "You really want an answer to that, or is that a rhetorical question?"

Brooklyn says, "It's either your boyish charm or all of the fences on the island are down."

Yaz says, "I don't care. Right now, I just want a sandwich. We haven't eaten since we had those awful carob bars that Ben..."

At the mention of Ben, everyone went silent. Rebel and I look at each other. I say, "I brought MREs with me. They aren't bad but they aren't good."

Rebel adds, "I bring dehydrated fruit with me when I am asked to take photographs of the dinosaurs."

Everyone looks at us. Brooklyn opens her mouth but is interrupted by a roar. Everyone groans. Sammy says, "We just need to eat and rest. I can't keep running like this."

Darius looks up and says, "We don't have to."

We look up and see the top of the Innovation Center. Darius continues, "There's bound to be a way to call for help on Main Street and everything else. Come on!"

When we make it to Main Street it looks like a war went down. Kenji asks, "What happened here?"

Yaz says, "Uh, I'm thinking dinosaurs."

I say, "Oh Jeez. I wonder how you got that idea."

Kenji says, "It's more than that."

Darius says, "Some kind of fight took place. From the height, it looks like maybe the T-Rex and... something bigger?"

Brooklyn says while looking into the lagoon, "The Indominus Rex."

We go over to look. Brooklyn continues, "I don't think we have to worry about it anymore, or what's left of it."