S1 E7: Last Day of Camp

Dinosaur (carnivores) = talking

Dinosaur (herbivores) = talking

Temperance talking to Dinosaurs = talking

Radio= talking

An announcement goes on, Attention. All park-goes must report to the South Ferry Dock for immediate evacuation. Last ferry departs in two hours. We meet up. Darius thinks that we can make it if we run. Yaz tells everyone that she competed with a torn ACL. Ben explains that we have a problem. We are at the Mosasaurus Lagoon. We need to be at the South tip where the Docks are. Ben explains that he studied the evacuation plan on the ferry ride. We hear the monorail. We hurry over. (A.N. Reminder: Brooklyn is still holding the blue backpack and Temperance has the hiking backpack.) Sammy, Brooklyn, and Kenji rush back. It's Toro. I like this freedom thing. I'm surprised that I haven't seen anyone at all. The monorail is coming so we need to move soon. Darius waves us forward and runs off. I follow. When we make it, but when we turn around and notice nobody else moved. What? We signal them to come over. Yaz, Kenji, and Sammy begin to tip toe over. But they run back as Toro turns around. We throw a rock each. Toro walks toward us. Darius and I move to the other side of the stairs. We once again signal for the others to come on over. They run up the bottom of the stairs. Brooklyn, Kenji, and Yaz gently nudge me to go up the stairs. Well ok then. I crawl up first. The others follow. Bumpy rushes up the stairs. Come on, Mum, Mummy. Bumpy knocks a fume cup. It begins to fall. Brooklyn stops it from making more noise by falling. Bumpy makes it up the stairs first. I made it up next. Kenji is third. Kenji almost got Toro's attention but Brooklyn put her hand over Kenji's mouth. The monorail arrives. The announcer of the Monorail gets Toro's attention anyway. Everyone gets up and runs up the stairs. Toro tries to eat Ben but misses. You will pay for what you did to me. Yaz is lagging behind because of her ankle. Sammy joins us at the monorail.
The door begins to close. Kenji steps in between the doors to stop it from closing. Sammy, Brooklyn, and I help Kenji. Toro made it up the stairs but the stairs crumbled. Bumpy, Yaz, Darius, and Ben join us. The doors close and off we go into the night. It's a Full moon tonight. Kenji complains. I walk over to Yaz and finally finish examining her ankle. I give her a brace.

Then I sit and pull out my radio. I turn it on and call in to it. Roxie, Dave. Come in. Over

Temperance, we hear you. Where are you? Is everyone alright? Over.

Everyone is fine. We are on the monorail. Over

Brooklyn grabs the radio and says Temperance and Yaz are injured.

Brooklyn returns it. What? Are you two going to be ok? Over

We'll be fine when we get to the docks. Over and out.

With that I put my radio back into the backpack. Darius reminds everyone that we are going home. With that people perked up. The others celebrate. Ben reveals that he carries protein bars. Carob bars. Nature's chocolate without the sugar or caffeine. Brooklyn says, "The first thing I'm gonna do when I get home is hug my espresso machine. I may never let go."

Kenji tries to flirt about being as good as coffee. (A.N. Am I the only one that can't have coffee or anything highly caffeinated?) Yaz tells everyone that after her ankle is healed it's back to training and finding a new corporate sponsor, since Jurassic World was her's. Darius wonders if video games are going to be dule now, then asks Kenji what he was going to do. Kenji's response to that is, "Depends on which wing of our mansion you're talkin' about." Ben plans on restocking his fanny back. Yaz asks, "Temperance, what are you going to do?"

"I don't know. I came to see if I wanted a job at Jurassic World. I might move to a different mansion. I will officially inherit my grandparents's entire estates next week. One of the reasons why my parents don't like me."

No asks Sammy what she's going to do. Kenji finds flashlights. He turns one on while mocking a lightsaber. As he moves it around blinds everyone. He says, "I found the first thing at Jurassic World that works!"

Kenji drops the flashlight and quickly picks it back up. It still works. Everyone recounts what happened and how many times we survived. Darius makes a toast with carob juice. Sammy tries to make a toast about friendship but no one appears to think the same. Brooklyn wonders if it takes more than a few days to be friends. Yaz tells everyone that we were grouped at random. Ben says, "And now that it's over, what are the odds that we'll ever see each other again?"

I look at everyone and say, "How about we better those odds?"

"What do you mean, Temperance?" asks Yaz.

"I own houses all over the world because of my inheritance. I sometimes go to the houses and stay for a couple days or weeks depending on the circumstance."

"You mean that you would visit us and allow us to visit you?" Darius asks.

"Sure. I don't mind," I say.

"What kind of places do you own?" asks Brooklyn.

Yaz, Ben, and Darius seem equally curious. Kenji says, "Tem, isn't your inheritance what made your parents hate you?"

"My parents hated me before I was born. As for types of places, I own ranches, manors, houses, apartments, and Wiser Castle."

After that we go quiet. Then Darius talks about what his dad had planned, and reveals that his dad is dead. Kenji tells everyone that he could count on one hand he and his dad did anything together. Ben talks about why he is at Jurassic World. The monorail shudders. Moving shiny object. Darius and I look out. Holy moly, we're in deep trouble. Pteranodons. Darius grabs the flashlight from Kenji and begins to smash the light with the flashlight. He says, "flying reptiles are basically seabirds. They're attracted to shiny, moving objects. And with all these light on-"

"We're a shiny, moving object!" Sammy exclaims.

With that Kenji, Sammy, and Brooklyn grab flashlights from it's holster. Brooklyn gives a flashlight to Yaz and begins whacking. Ben and I are the only ones without a flashlight. I reach into my backpack for one but Brooklyn stops me with a "We can handle it". The Pteranodons aren't helping. We go cart to cart. Sammy notices something and gasps. I turn and see another monorail broken down on the track... and we're heading right for it. Kenji points out the control cart. The door is stuck closed. Ben and Bumpy are in the back scared. I stayed with them. I say, "Courage doesn't mean you don't get afraid. Courage means you don't let fear stop you."

Ben looks at me weird. I shrug and say, "Bethany Hamilton." Darius decides that he'll go out the fire exit and go back into the control cart. Darius and Ben are the only ones that can fit. Ben apparently took my advice to heart, because he went out the fire exit. We graze past the other monorail. The other monorail falls off the track and BOOM! Exploded. Ben opens the door. Everyone cheers, "Ben! Ben! Ben!"

Bumpy greets his Mommy. Mommy! You did it! Darius compliments Ben. Ben walks back to join us, when the glass shatters and a Pteranodon grabs Ben. Darius and I grab Ben's wrist to stop it from taking Ben. Whatever. Have it. The Pteranodon let's go of Ben. Darius and I are still holding him, but hand is slipping.