4.

It's official been 2 months since I left Chris house and got my own place.

I was currently at work.

"Des?" He had his hand raised. "So if Martin Luther King is only 92 why all his pictures in black and gray?"

They was assigned to do research on any black icon they felt they related to and say why.

I smiled.

"Well Des truth be told history is white washed so they turn current events into black and white so you are trained to believe they happened a long time ago.

Fun fact Martin Luther King and Anne Frank are the same age."

"Wasnt she apart of the Nazi vs Jews shit?" Mia asked.

"Yes. See you'll think that this occurred at different times but actually they both was going on at the same time.

They turned her images black and white also."

"Damn that's crazy." Derrick said.

I laughed.

"Yeap that's why it's up to us to learn our own history because the world tries to hide it from us. What else did you learn?"

"King wasn't killed at that hotel he was murdered in the hospital."

"Why did you choose King?"

"Cause I'm a black man in America we are targets. I thought he was killed by the bullet then I seen that he was suffocated and that just reminded me of how much America hate us."

I smiled. "Good Job."

I walked around the class picking up their journals.

"Mamaaaaa!" Zay ran into my class.

I laughed.

"What you doing here?" I asked him. "Chris brung me." He walked in.

My class loves Zay so he pops up all the time.

Chris wanted to be apart of Zay life and as Tino best friend I allowed it. He gets Zay and takes him places, picks him up from school while I work, and more.

He honestly was like Zay's god daddy.

"Hey Zay." Mia said. "Hey." He hugged her. She was his little crush.

"Hey Chris!" The girls loved him.

"Wassup y'all." He said smiling. Such a hoe. I picked my son up.

"Now D you know he too big to be picking up." James said. I laughed. "This my baby." I said kissing his cheek.

"That man almost yo size." Derrick said.

I laughed.

"I'm just short." I said.

"But class finna dismiss in like 2 minutes so y'all assignment for tonight is to take the person you researched and apply what they did to current issues we face today.

This gone be a big project when everything is done. Y'all have a great rest of the day and I'll see y'all tomorrow."

They all got up.

"Thanks Ms. D." They said and told me goodbye as they left out the door.

"Bye stink." Mia said kissing Zay cheek.

He was stuck in shock. I laughed. "Poor baby." I said laughing. "Bye." He said. She smiled and walked out. When everybody was gone it was just us.