20.

I woke up the next morning barely getting any rest. All I thought about was what she said.

Her words constantly replaying in my head.

My phone rung.

Hello?

She's getting ready to push could y'all please come back?

Des why she just now pushing?

She never dilated enough last night. Plus she's stuck on Diamond being here.

You know some niggas tried to run in on them last night?

What you mean?

I was putting Zay to bed heard knocks on the door like police. I go to the door they story switched up. I had to take they ass out real quick. She spent a night here on the couch.

Why you didn't call me?

Cause man you got yo own stuff going on.

That's still my woman tho.

You can't have both of them bruh. You ain't even made up with Diamond for the shit you caused. You know she love you bruh ion know why you acting stupid as hell.

Gabby needs me unc.

And she don't? Just because she not pushing a baby out right now don't mean shit. You know how many times I hugged her cause she was too weak to stand. Screaming and having break downs because of you.

Why she ain't say that?

She shouldn't have to bruh.

Can you get her down here or no?

Imma see man it depends on whatever she feeling.

Okay. Thanks unc.

No problem.

I hung up and started my shower. I went to get her and Zay up. "Zay." "Hm?" "Des finna have his baby wanna go?"

"Is my mama still mad at him?"

"Nah she isn't." He smiled. "Okay. I gotta brush my teeth." He got up and grabbed his backpack.

I went to the living room and shook her softly.

"Good morning." I said.

She moved her hair out her face. "Morning." "Des want you to come back to the hospital." "She still ain't have her baby?"

"Not yet."

"Oh well." She said laying back down.

"You can't say no honestly." "And why not?" "Cause I told Zay before you and he's already getting ready." "Why would you do that?"

"Because I knew that was the only way to get you up." She rolled her eyes.

"Also about last night."

"I was just talking. I am pregnant but you aren't the father." She said. "Damn." That shit kinda hurt because I was hoping it would be mine.

"Um so it's Des?"

"Nah. I had a one nightstand after everything happened and here I am."

Diamond POV
I was lying my ass off but I just needed him to drop the conversation.

"He gone be in the baby life."

"Im not sure." I said.

"Well you know—." "I know Chris. Don't get attached cause it's no promises with this baby."