6.

It's been almost a month since they put her in a medical induced coma.

I been tryna to deal with Des and Zay.

Zay was a lot on his own.

He been crashing out without his mama.

Shit Des act like the world gone end. He spend everyday with her ass when he leave school. I care about her I really do but when shit like this happen we can't put our lives on hold.

I gave Des the keys to her house to make sure everything good when she gets home.

I went to go get Zay from school then take him to her daddy. I was so fucking exhausted I'll be glad when she wakes up.

Desmond POV
I left school and went straight to Diamond house. They said she'll be waking up sometime this week. They let her stay in the coma until her leg and wounds heal.

I cleaned the house up and shit.

Afterwards I just chilled on the couch watching tv. That new teacher is some shit man.

I mostly just skip and shit.

That lady boring as fuck.
______
I heard somebody banging on the door.

I woke up and went to it.

"Who is it?"

They ain't say none.

I grabbed my gun. I opened the door and was immediately ambushed.

She jumped on me crying.

"Diamond?!" I said holding her up.

I closed the door. "How you get here?" "My daddy." She said. "Why nobody told us you woke up?"

"I woke up yesterday. I asked them to keep a secret. That's why you couldn't see me yesterday. I wanted to surprise you." "So I did hear you correctly before I passed out?"

She smiled and grabbed my face.

"Mhmmm. I said yes."

She kissed me.

I was happy as shit. "Damn." I said when we pulled apart.

I carried her to her room.

"I got all the stuff you was leaving in my room." She said. I sat her down.

"I'm glad. I really missed you."

"I missed you too.

How's my baby boy?"

"Working Chris ass. He be with me or your pops mostly."

"Hmmm."

"What?" I asked her.

"Nothing." "Say it." She laughed.

"You gone make me?" "Most definitely." She laughed. "None it's just ironic."

"What the Chris thing?"

"Yeah. As his god father you'll think he would have him. That's literally in the description if I was to die he would've had to step up."

"What I tell you D?

He did that shit cause of you.

He was trying to impress you and make up for the Tino situation."

"Yeah um what happened with that?"

"What you mean?"

"I was told Tino was shot on a mission how was it ole boy fault?" "You gotta talk to Chris bout that." "Desmond."