Chapter 1

"Isaiah come on so we can go visit daddy." I told him. He ran from the back with his backpack.

"What's in here?"

"Stuff for daddy." He said. I nodded. "Okay come on." I grabbed his hand and locked the door. We began walking to the bus stop.

His burial is extremely far from here so we had to get up early to go on time.
_______________
I sat at his grave with my son. "Wanna say anything to yo daddy?" He nodded and dug in his backpack.

"I miss you daddy. I've been a good boy at school I got Es and As." He said making me smile. "I know mommy really miss you. She cries sometimes so I'm doing something for you two." I looked at him.

He pulled out two lunchables, his CD Player, some strawberries, and a flower.

"Where you get all this?" I asked him.

"I had grandpa get it for me since daddy's birthday is tomorrow. I wanted to have a family dinner with daddy." I smiled.

"Okay baby." He gave me a lunchable and opened it for me.

"Thanks stink." "You welcome mommy."

"What you wanna talk about with daddy?" "ummm I don't know."

"How about tell Daddy what you want for Christmas?" "Ohhhhh okay. Daddy I want a new house with my room designed in transformers, I want a monster truck, and to spend the whole day with mommy around the tree." He said.

I smiled at least I know I can give him one thing. "Mommy?" "Hm?"

"Will daddy come back?"

"Unfortunately no baby. I wish he could though I miss him like crazy." "Me too mommy." He put his flower on the grave and we began eating.
_______________________
I was at work sitting on break looking for another job.

"Diamond?" I looked up and it was my manager. "Ma'am?" "Um what did you go to college for?"

"Nursing but I got my associates degree in sociology and physiology."

"Okay so you know you told me your situation right?" I nodded. "A job opening just opened up at my sister's school."

"Okay." "They're looking for a math teacher."

"I'm listening." "I feel like you're an excellent fit and your wasting your time at McDonalds you need to be somewhere making a difference."

"Will they hire me?"

"You're already hired. I told her about you like a week ago and all you have to do is show up tomorrow morning."

"Oh my god you for real?" She nodded smiling. "Yeah." I got up and hugged her.

"Now you can quit." I smiled.

"Good Afternoon Ms. Banks I've received an offer at another job that I can not turn down so today will be my last day here." I took my name tag and hat off.

She smiled. "I totally understand Ms. Valentine I wish you luck and I respect you for leaving the way you are."

I laughed and hugged her.

"Thank you again." "No problem girl also a guy have been coming by here looking for you." I looked confused.

"Name?"

"I don't remember but he told me to give you this." I grabbed it and put it in my pocket.

"Okay. Isaiah's in the back let me go get him." "Okay and I'll give you a ride home." "Okay thanks." I went to the back to see my son sleep in the corner.