The Missile

As we were fighting the aliens on the ground, a huge bolt of lightning was sent straight into the open portal, electrocuting aliens as they flew out. I let out a sigh of exhaustion as I used one of the alien blasters to kill a small group of them.

"Captain, none of this is gonna mean a damn thing if we don't close that portal,"

"Our biggest guns couldn't touch it," Cap replied.

"Well, maybe it's not about guns," Natasha suggested, pointing to the alien pods.

"You wanna get up there, you're gonna need a ride," Cap sighed.

"I got a ride. I could use a lift though," Nat dropped her blaster and walked away from us, preparing to jump.

"Are you sure about this?" I asked, shooting at an alien who jumped from behind a car. Cap angled his shield

"Yeah, it'll be fun," Nat said breathlessly, taking a running jump and bouncing off Cap's shield and grabbing onto a pod that was passing by overhead.

"Looks like it's just us now Cap," I said, getting into my battle stance as we were surrounded.

"You take the ones on the left and I'll take the ones on the right?" He suggested.

"Why not," I sighed, leaping into battle.

"Captain, the bank on 42nd past Madison, they caught a lot of civilians there," Clint's voice said in our mics.

"I'm on it," Cap then turned to me.

"Go, I got this," He nodded to me and ran off as I turned to the rest of the few aliens who were approaching. I had just ripped the head of another alien when I heard Nat's voice

"I can close it! Can anybody copy? I can shut the portal down,"

"Do it!" Cap yelled

"No wait," Stark called out.

"Tony, these things are still coming!" I grunted, flipping over a car and taking cover.

" I got a nuke coming in, it's gonna blow in less than a minute. And I know just where to put it," Stark replied. I looked up and watched as Stark came zooming overhead, a missile on his back as he climbed upwards towards the open portal.

"Stark, you know that's a one-way trip," Cap said over the intercom. He didn't reply. I ran through the streets looking for anyone, I found Cap and Thor in the middle of a pack of aliens. I quickened my pace and began blasting at the aliens and joined Cap and Thor.

"Come on Stark," I whispered to myself as he didn't reappear from the portal. We could see the explosion from the missile, still no sign of Stark.

"Close it," Cap sighed, talking to Nat. I looked to the floor for a brief second before looking back up to see the portal closing. Suddenly I noticed a small figure falling from the sky

"Tony!" I yelled as he didn't slow down in his descent.

"Son of a gun," Cap laughed lightly.

"He's not slowing down," Thor remarked, swinging his hammer in preparation to save the falling iron man. Stark was suddenly pushed into a building as Hulk caught him and started smashing his way to the ground. Hulk landed harshly on the ground, Stark in his arms. Hulk ripped Stark's mask off and we all stared around, hoping he wasn't dead. He suddenly yelled at Stark's face and his eyes flew open in shock.

"What the hell? What just happened? Please tell me nobody kissed me?" Stark breathed out. We laughed in relief.

"We won," Cap smiled.

"Alright. Hey. Alright. Good job, guys. Let's just not come in tomorrow. Let's just take a day. Have you ever tried shawarma? There's a shawarma joint about two blocks from here. I don't know what it is, but I wanna try it," Tony said weakly from the ground.

"We're not finished yet," I said, looking up the Stark tower.

"And then shawarma after," Tony grunted as he stood up.