Brotherly love

As Natasha was flying the Quinjet back to the helicarrier, thunder and lightning suddenly appeared overhead

"Said anything?" Fury asked over a headset

"Not a word," Natasha replied

"Just get him here. We're low on time," Fury said. Loki was tied up in a corner while Tony and Steve were standing watching.

"I don't like it," Steve says

"What? Rock of Ages giving up so easily?" Tony asks

"I don't remember it being ever that easy. This guy packs a wallop," Steve replied, watching Loki carefully

"Still, you are pretty spry, for an older fellow. What's your thing? Pilates?"

"What?" Steve looks at Tony in confusion.

"It's like callisthenics. You might have missed a couple of things, you know, doing time as a Capsicle," Tony replied.

"Fury didn't tell me he was calling you in," Steve sighed

"Yeah, there's a lot of things Fury doesn't tell you," Tony snorts as an especially large burst of lightning shot through the sky, Loki flinched

"What's the matter? Scared of a little lightning?" Steve asks

"I'm not overly fond of what follows," Loki replies as he watched through the window. There was a loud thump as something landed on the roof of the jet, the ramp was thrown open and Thor stalked in angrily. He went straight for Loki and dragged him to the entrance before flying back out into the night leaving Tony and Steve watching them dumbfounded.

"Now there's that guy," Tony sighs as he places his helmet onto his head.

"Another Asgardian?" Natasha asks

"Tink the guy's a friendly?" Steve adds

"Doesn't matter. If he frees Loki or kills him, the Tesseract's lost," Tony replies as he jumps out of the jet and follows after Thor.

"Stark, we need a plan of attack!" Steve yells

"I have a plan, attack," Tony yelled back.

"I'd sit this one out Cap," Natasha urges as Steve straps a parachute to his back.

"I don't see how I can," Steve replies

"These guys come from legends, they're basically gods,"

"There's only one God, ma'am. And I'm pretty sure he doesn't dress like that," Steve then jumped out of the jet after Tony.

Back at base (Avianna's POV)

I sighed as I threw my bag onto my bed and I ran a hand through my messy blonde hair.

"Report to Nick Fury," Agent Hill's voice said through my earpiece

"Copy," I yawned. Fury was standing in his usual spot at the helm of the helicarrier.

"Another successful mission, Brookes," Fury comments as I stand at attention behind him.

"Thank you, sir," I nodded.

"We've currently got a small team tracking down the Tesseract, I'm sure you've heard of it,"

"Yes sir, I have,"

"Good, well then you'll know about the god that supposedly came with it?"

"Loki God of Mischief," I nodded.

"And you will have been informed that he is scheduled to arrive here in the Quinjet, along with Romanoff, Steve Rogers and Tony Stark," Fury explained.

"Yes, I was informed,"

"We are hoping that there won't be any more problems but there is sure to be some, so you will be helping Romanoff and the rest of the team to figure this one out when they arrive back,"

"Yes sir," I nodded.

"Good, you have time to sort your things out before they get here. Dismissed," I nodded to Fury and walked back down the cold corridors until I reached my small room. I decided I would have a quick shower before looking through the file on Loki and the Tesseract.

Back to the mountain ledge

"Where is the Tesseract?" Thor angrily asked his brother who merely laughed at him.

"I missed you too,"

"Do I look to be in a gaming mood?" Thor growled.

"Oh, you should thank me. With the Bifrost gone how much dark energy did the Allfather have to muster to conjure you here? Your precious Earth," Loki replied cooly, Thor dropped his hammer to the ground

"I thought you dead," Thor said sadly.

"Did you mourn?" Loki asked

"We all did, our father-" Thor was cut off

"Your father. He did tell you of my true parentage, did he not?" Loki spat out.

"We were raised together, we played together, we fought together. Do you remember none of that?" Thor replied.

"I remember a shadow. Living in the shade of your greatness. I remember you tossing me into an abyss. I was and should be king!" Loki angrily cried as he faced out over the trees.

"So you take the world I love as recompense for your imagined slights. No, the Earth is under my protection, Loki," Thor replied.

"And you're doing a marvellous job with that. The humans slaughter each other in droves, while you idly threat. I mean to rule them. And why should I not?" Loki laughed cruelly.

"You think yourself above them," Thor commented.

"Well, yes," Loki replied as if it were the most obvious thing ever.

"Then you miss the truth of ruling, brother. Throne would suit you ill," Thor shook his head at his brother

"I've seen worlds you've never known about! I have grown, Odinson, in my exile! I have seen the true power of the Tesseract, and when I wield it," Loki angrily shoved Thor.

"Who showed you this power? Who controls the would-be-king?" Thor asks

"I am King!" Loki yelled back.

"Not here! You give up the Tesseract! You give up this poisonous dream! You come home," Thor yelled back

"I don't have it. You need the cube to bring me home, but I've sent it off I know not where," Loki said, regaining his cool demeanour. Mjolnir flew into Thor's hand as he approached his brother

"You listen well, brother. I-" Thor was knocked off the mountain ledge by an incoming Iron Man.

"I'm listening," Loki said quietly to himself.