Earth's Mightiest Heroes

I threw open the door and saw Natasha standing there

"Time to go," Steve said

"Go where?" She asked

"I'll tell you on the way. Can you fly one of those jets?"

"I can," Clint stepped out from the bathroom holding a towel.

"You got a suit?" Steve asked him

"Yeah,"

"Then suit up," Steve and I then ran back out. I went straight to my quarters and changed, making sure that I had every weapon in my room strapped to me because we had no idea what Loki was going to throw at us. I met the others on the bridge and we commandeered one of the jets and headed straight for New York.

"I'll go straight to Stark Towers, the rest of you position yourselves, we don't know what's going to come out the other end of that portal," Tony said as we approached New York.

"Loki will be at the towers, take Brookes with you," Nat said as she and Clint flew the jet.

"Why?" Tony asked

"Because when she and I went to talk to him he seemed less hostile towards her plus before he shot Thor out of the damn ship he didn't try to hurt her. It's worth a shot that he may remain civil if she's there," Nat explained.

"Alright fine," Tony sighed. He grabbed ahold of my arm

"Hold on tight, kid," He then opened the back of the jet and flew us to the tower. We could see Selvig manning a machine on top of the building.

"Sir, I took off the arc reactor. The device is already self-sustained,"

"Shut it down Selvig," Tony orders after hearing what Jarvis said.

"It's too late! It can't stop now. He wants to show us something! A new universe," Selvig exclaimed.

"Okay," Tony sighed and aimed his blaster at the machine

"Tony, no wait!" I cried out but it was too late, he fired and a protective energy barrier repelled the blast but the shock wave sent Selvig flying backwards.

"Tony, that barrier is pure energy, It can't be breached by anything," I called to him as he noticed Loki standing and watching from the balcony.

"Sir the Mark VII isn't ready to be deployed," I heard Jarvis say from inside the mask.

"Skip the spinning rims, we're on the clock here," Tony replied and he placed me on the ground before letting the machine outside the entrance take apart his suit. I watched as Loki proceeded to follow us but from the other side as we entered the penthouse. I pushed the safety click off my gun as it sat in the holster just below my hip.

"Don't underestimate him, Tony, he's unpredictable," I warned as we entered. Tony casually walked to the bar as Looki walked in the other door holding his sceptre,

"Please tell me you're going to appeal to my humanity," Loki started

"Uh...actually I plan on threatening you," Tony replied

"You should have left your armour on for that," I scoffed lightly at Loki's reply, his eyes darted to me and watched me carefully.

"Yeah, it's seen a bit of mileage. You've got the blue stick of destiny. Would you like a drink?" Tony asked

"Stalling me won't change anything," Loki said, tearing his eyes off me and walking towards the giant glass doors and windows of Stark Tower

"No, no, no! Threatening. No drink? Are you sure? I'm having one," Tony said, pouring himself a whiskey