Phase 2

"I was wrong, director. The world hasn't changed a bit," The voice of Steve Rogers said as Natasha, Thor and I entered the lab.

"Did you know about this?" Banner asked glaring at Natasha and me, I didn't reply

"You wanna think about removing yourself from this environment, doctor?" Natasha replied.

"I was in Calcutta, I was pretty well removed," Banner said.

"Loki's manipulating you," Natasha stepped forward

"And you've been doing what exactly?" Banner scoffed.

"You didn't come here because I bat my eyelashes at you," Natasha glared.

"Yes, and I'm not leaving because suddenly you get a little twitchy. I'd like to know why SHIELD is using the Tesseract to build weapons of mass destruction," Banner turned to look back at Fury.

"Because of him," Fury pointed to Thor who looked surprised.

"Me?" He asked

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that levelled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned," Fury replied.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor shook his head.

"But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled,"

"Like you control the cube," Rogers sassed back.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the earth is ready for a higher form of war," Thor explained.

"A higher form?" Rogers asked.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something," Fury defended.

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down," Tony scoffed and rolled his eyes.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Fury cocked his head at the billionaire.

"I'm sure if he still made weapon, Stark would be in neck-deep," Steve scoffed

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How is this now about me?" Tony cried out

"I'm sorry, isn't everything?" Steve replied

"I thought humans were more evolved than this," Thor sighed looking at me and I crossed my arms and shrugged.

"Excuse me? Did WE come to YOUR planet and blow stuff up?" Fury replied angrily.

"Did you always give your champions such mistrust?" Thor asked

"Are you all really that naive? Captain America is on a potential watch list. S.H.I.E.L.D monitors potential threat" Natasha replied

"You're on that list? Are you more crack above or below angry bees?" Tony scoffed. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed the sceptre begin to glow brighter and I zoned out of their conversation. Before Thor's voice brought me back in

"You speak of control, yet you court chaos,"

"It's his M.O., isn't it? I mean, what are we, a team? No, no, no. We're a chemical mixture that makes chaos. We're... we're a time-bomb," Banner said

"You need to step away," Fury warned Banner

"Why shouldn't the guy let off a little steam?" Tony asked putting his arm over Steve's shoulder