24. monin hou

"Can anyone hear me?" I repeated, letting out a desperate sigh as I held the walkie to my mouth. "This is Avery. Can anyone hear me?"

Close to an hour of Octavia and I taking turns speaking into the radio and we had yet to receive a response. Either they were ignoring us or there was no signal down there. I wasn't sure which was better.

"This is Avery. Please. Can anyone hear--"

"--Avery."

His voice caused my heart to drop as my eyes widened. I jumped to my feet, joining Octavia, Indra and Gaia who were watching me with a hopeful look.

"Bell, you're alive." I breathed, relieved to hear his voice. But at the same time, knowing he was down there, I wondered what possibly could have happened for him to leave both Octavia and I up here to die.

"Are you okay?" he demanded, genuine worry in his tone. "Are you hurt? Is everything okay up there?"

"I'm fine." I assured, not wanting to provide anything more at this point.

"Avery, is she--"

He didn't finish his sentence, but I knew exactly what he was asking. Silently, I held out my arm and handed the radio to Octavia.

"I'm alive." she confirmed, her voice stern. "I won."

Bellamy let out a sigh of relief from the other end. "Thank God."

"Bell, what the hell did you do?" Octavia demanded, giving her head a small shake.

I bit down on the inside of my cheek, bracing myself for his answer.

"It wasn't me." he assured, causing me to let out a small breath of relief. "But I'll fix it."

Indra looked to Octavia. "We don't have much time." she reminded.

"Listen to me." Octavia spoke into the radio. "When I won, I decided to share the bunker with everyone. One hundred from each clan." she explained. "Kane is out there buying us time, helping them select their people. And Gaia somehow convinced the scouts to lock down the temple. But if anyone finds out that Skaikru stole the bunker, we're all dead."

Bellamy's response came instantly. "Copy that. I'm on my way."

I couldn't fight the small smile that came to my face. Bellamy was going to do his best to save us, and that gave me hope.

That hope came crashing down in an instant.

"O, I'm gonna need some time." Bellamy announced into the radio, contradicting his previous statement.

My heart dropped as Octavia pulled the walkie to her mouth, her own eyes wide. "What? Bellamy, we don't have time--"

Suddenly, a static noise filled the radio. "Bellamy?" she repeated, her voice urgent. "Bellamy?"

"They disconnected the radio." I said, my voice shaking slightly. "They're not--" I cut myself off as I shook my head. "--They're not going to let him come get us."

"What are you saying?" Indra demanded.

"I'm saying that they're leaving us to die." I breathed. "By the sounds of it, Bellamy is not with the many on this one. Clarke, Jaha and whoever the hell else is on this, they're not going to open that door."

"So what do we do?" Gaia questioned, fear in her voice.

I let out a small sigh. "We wait...and hope that I'm wrong."

---

An angry sigh flew from my lips as I glanced outside, noting the black rain that was rapidly falling.