Snake, Rattle & Roll!

Plot:
While looking for an ancient stone disk said to control the weather, Captain Jack and Maggie become involved with a Spanish Jungle Cult that worships a female leader known as the Mother of Water...

AN: Based on issue #4 of the Pirates of the Caribbean Comic spinoff by Chris Schweizer.

☠💀☠

Ask any pirate what they would do for treasure and likely enough you'll get an answer somewhere along the lines of Anything! And possibly followed by a kick in the shin! But talking and doing are two very different things and not too many pirates would have the guts to row their way up the Los Pesadilla River, especially considering the horrific dangers said to lurk there!

Unfortunately for Maggie, her Dad, Captain Jack Sparrow wasn't many pirates...

That's why Maggie, Mr. Gibbs, Marty and Scrum were dragged along with him to row up the infamous Los Pesadilla River. Most of the crew stayed aboard the Pearl out of fear to head up this river. Maggie couldn't say she blamed them, the thick lush jungle wetland had an eerie feeling that even gave her the creeps!

"...And that, Mr. Gibbs, is why you should never wear more than six petticoats at once unless you are passably fluent in Dutch!" Captain Jack finished yet another of his wild stories as they docked their rowboat.

"Fascinating" Maggie muttered sarcastically. "Now can we get this treasure hunting show on the road?"

"Scared, Luv?" Captain Jack asked her, smirking.

"No!" Maggie half-lied. "The humidity is murder on my hair, is all!"

"Since when do you care about your hair?" Jack asked.

Maggie planted her hands on her hips "Just read the map, Dad!"

"Alright, our map mentions as it's principal landmark, a stone bearing an uncanny resemblance to a roosting albatross..." Jack's eyes scanned the riverbank for a minute before landing on one rock in particular. "... And I do believe we're now successfully at said landmark!"

"Not exactly a perfect likeness..." Mr. Gibbs squinted at the rock.

"It's beak is too rounded!" Maggie told Jack.

"I think it looks more like a big seagull!" Marty commented.

"Or a goose!" Scrum added.

"I suspect it unlikely that this godforsaken stretch of river will yield a rock that looks more like an albatross than this one" Jack told them.

Once they completed tying up the boat, the pirates began making their way up the river bank.

"I'm mighty glad we've got that map, Jack" Mr. Gibbs noted. "These be dangerous waters we're treading here."

"The map doesn't strip them of danger, Mr. Gibbs" Jack reminded his first mate. "And neither does it offer us any means to circumvent it. In other words, keep on your toes, savvy?"

"DAD!" Maggie yelled as she noticed a large yellow snake hanging on a branch behind Jack.

Captain Jack turned just in time to see the venomous reptile lurch toward his face in an attacking strike. The snake was a mere few inches from Jack's nose when a spear flew down from the trees and stabbed the snake in the neck. The creature was still thrashing it's scaly body wildly as it was pinned to the ground by the spear near Jack's boots.

Maggie and the crew sighed in relief, but then gasped in surprise as a wild shaggy man came flying down from the trees and landed in front of them as well!