Adventures in Maggie-Sitting!

While Captain Jack leaves for a doctor's appointment, Maggie is left with a babysitter named Amera, only this sitter turns out to be a child-snatching siren in disguise. Maggie's evening takes a turn, when she has to journey all the way to the bottom of the sea...

Living a pirate's life wasn't always as glamorous as most well-known pirates made it look. It was a dangerous and perilous way of life, you had to be on your toes at all times! Maggie Sparrow's father had raised her to understand that, but even Captain Jack was caught off guard at times.

It was late one night in the town of Tortuga, the Black Pearl was docked and all was peaceful, Maggie was in her cabin reading before bed. The crew was down below playing a round of poker and Captain Jack Sparrow was at a local nearby pub, finishing off his last drink of the night.

As Jack turned to leave out the door he noticed the temperature had dropped lower than he expected and he had left his coat aboard the Pearl. He scanned the bar room and noticed a black bear skin rug draped over one of the rafters above.

"Oi, Mr. Mixologist!" He called to the bartender. "Could I borrow that bear skin?"

"Keep it!" The bartender shrugged. "Been trying to get rid of it for a year now! Bloody things ridden with nits!"

"Wonder if he caught the nits before or after he got shot..." Jack muttered to himself, shaking the bear skin rug out before slipping it over himself like a cape.

Captain Jack exited the pub with the heavy bear skin covering his frame almost completely. The bear's head drooped down over his face and he slipped his hands under the paws like makeshift mittens.

When he finally got back to the Pearl, Jack went straight to his cabin and decided to start a fire before taking the bear skin pelt off. He walked across the Captain's Cabin to the fireplace, but found the flint and tinder kit was missing from the mantel. Jack naturally assumed Maggie took it to light her kerosene lantern and forgot to put it back.

Not wanting to wake her, Jack walked over to her door and tried to open it as quietly as possible. But the door didn't open more than a few inches, Maggie had chain locked the door as she always did when Jack was out, in case of intruders.

All the while, Maggie was preparing for bed and was putting her book back in it's assigned place on the shelf. Until she noticed a large black furry paw was reaching into her door and trying to grab and undo the chain lock!

Maggie's eyes went as wide as possible as she notice a big, furry bear snout poking in through the crack of the door as well.

"Oh... my... God..." Maggie mouthed silently as she watched on in horror. She had read about black bears in a zoology book once, apparently a bear that size could gut a grown man with one swipe of his claws. As easy as a knife going through hot butter! If a bear could do that to a grown man, Maggie didn't even want to think about what it would do to a little girl like her!

Not wanting to waste anymore time, Maggie dived under her bed and grabbed the field hockey stick she kept under there. She didn't play field hockey, but this stick was the closest thing to a proper security system she could afford.

Maggie lifted up the loose floorboard under her bed and stuck her face in the floor, below her the crew was carrying out there last hand of poker.

"Psst!" Maggie hissed to them.

Mr. Gibbs, Scrum and Marty looked up at her.

"Maggie! What are you doing up?" Scrum asked. "You know how the Cap'n gets about you staying up past your bedtime."