Jack To The Future!

🎶Featured Song: The Power of Love
By Huey Lewis🎶

After refusing to listen to her father Maggie snatches an enchanted pocket watch and gets herself sent fifty-four years back in time to 1697!

There are many reasons why one would want to go back in time. To see a deceased loved one again, to stop a war, to warn someone of a freak accident that would kill them. The reason for the topic of time travel was because Maggie and her father had just acquired a powerful and amazing treasure, a pocket watch that could give them the ability of time travel!

Unfortunately for Maggie, Captain Jack already had an idea on how to use the time travel watch. Not a good idea, mind you... but an idea.

"We take these bottles of rum, bury them in a chest and then we set the watch to bring us two hundred and seventy years in the future!" Captain Jack explained. "We go to the year 1992, dig up the rum and bring it back to our year! Imagine how amazing rum will taste when it's aged two hundred and seventy years?!"

"Daddy, it's 1752!" Maggie told him. "If we're going to age the rum for a hundred and seventy years, we have to travel to the year 2022! Not 1992!"

"Details, details!" Jack rolled his eyes. "And why aren't you excited? We now have the power of time travel at our disposal!"

"The reason I'm not excited is because you woke me up at six in the morning to row to an island and dig up a chest" Maggie's voice took on an aggravated tone. "And the chest, that I assumed was full of treasure, contained a single pocket watch!"

"An amazing pocket watch with brilliant and mind blowing abilities!" Jack corrected excitedly.

"...And after helping you, I can't even use the pocket watch to do what I want with it!" Maggie complained.

"Maggie" Jack sighed deeply. "You can't use the pocket watch to assassinate Henry VIII and team up with his six wives to change the colors of the Union Jack from blue, red and white to purple, red and white!"

"Why not?" Maggie shrugged.

"Because history is not your plaything!" Captain Jack exclaimed. "The littlest thing you do in the past could wreck the future! Besides... it was my idea to find the pocket watch so I get first dibs on using it. And right now I have some rum to age-ify!"

"Age-ify isn't even a word!" Maggie told him.

"Hush!" Jack told her. "Now come help me bring bottles up from the rum locker."

"In a minute..." Maggie reached for the pocket watch on her father's desk.

"Ah-ah-ah!" Jack snatched the magical artifact out her hand. "This watch is not a toy!"

"I just wanted to look at it" Maggie shrugged.

"I said no! This watch can be as dangerous as it is powerful" Jack warned her. "It's not safe in the hands of an inexperienced individual."

Maggie looked at him. "Oh! And where did you learn to wield magical watches?"

"For your information, smart mouth" Captain Jack said. "I came across this very watch in a pawn shop as a boy. I know how powerful and dangerous it is. So if anyone's going to be hurling themselves through time, it's going to be me!"