How I Met Your Mummy-- Part II

On Valentine's Day, Captain Jack tells Maggie the true story of how he met and fell in love with her mother, Morgan.

Featured Song:
Waiting For A Star To Fall
By Boy Meets Girl:

☠️❤️24 Years Earlier...❤️☠️
☠️❤️Papua, New Guinea ❤️☠️

Jack and Morgan awoke the next morning still beside the waterfall. They were curled up next to each other, using Jack's coat for a blanket. Usually when Captain Jack found himself waking up next to a woman, it was the result of a rum-fueled orgy of sorts. But this time he and Morgan were still fully clothed and alcohol had nothing to do with how they ended up. Instead they had spent the night talking and laughing and sharing the intimacy of each other's touch and company. It was a new experience for Jack, but not at all a bad one.

Morgan stirred awake from where she laid curled up beside him. She opened her eyes and looked at him. A smile lighting up her face better than the rising sun could ever.

"Good morning" She said.

"G'morning" Jack replied.

Morgan smile didn't falter as she stretched and sat up. "I was wondering if you'd like to come to the tribe's village with me?" She asked.

"Could I?" Jack asked.

"Sure! It may be a little strange at first..."

"I make a habit of being the strangest person in any group" Jack said.

Morgan chuckled. "...But you'd be surprised what you can learn from spending time with them" Her eyes shined with excitement. "I could show you my books, I have tons of them with remedies for anything! And the plant's we've been growing!"

"Sounds interesting" Jack nodded enthusiastically.

Morgan got up and wandered over to the satchel, but when she looked into it, her face fell.

"So what do they eat in this tribe?" Jack asked. "Because I don't know about you, but I could use some breakfast. Are these natives the coconuts and mangos crowd or are they more insects and maggots crowd?"

"Where is it?" Morgan asked, her voice taking on a serious tone.

"What?"

"Where is it?" She demanded, turning to stare him down.

"What do you mean?" Jack asked.

"The Cloudforest Magnolia, Jack!" Morgan cried. "It was in this satchel last night. Now where is it?!"

Jack looked between her and the satchel in her hand. "Well, I didn't take it!" He answered.

Morgan glared at him before grabbing her boots and storming off. "I can't believe how stupid I was!" She snapped.

"Morgan!" Jack went after her. "I swear I didn't take it!"

"Oh really?!" She kept on walking, not looking back at him.

"Yes!" Jack replied.

"I can't believe I bought into all that last night!" She scoffed. "You're not even thirty and you've achieved so much... I should've known better!"

"I did mean all that!" Jack insisted. "I meant every word! Would you just hear me out?!"

Morgan huffed and turned to him, but still avoided looking at his face.