Shiver me Timbers!

tags: fantasy au, pirates taekook but tae has black magic, kind of enemies to lovers trope, but not rlly, they just start out on the wrong foot, femme taehyung, short, idk if you can tell but i'm trying to improve my writing skills and explore new things, my first time writing this kind of au so pls don't expect much hehe, sorry for any errors!

please read end notes!! <3
___________________________________________

Jeongguk remembers it as broad as day.

He was the first to see it, having done swabbing up the deck and floorboards as ordered by their captain at the time, skin glistening under the harsh rays of the sun.

He was a mere servant then, nothing but another tar under his captain's boot who wastes his days drinking tasteless grog in his headquarters. Although Captain Im was a seadog and a capable leader, he would treat his fellow men poorly, as if they were nothing but scoundrels and barnacles in his eyes.

Old carouser.

And Jeongguk seemed to be the Captain's most hated lassie in the ship, it was evident with the way he'd get the worst treatment of them all. He'd even get shit for doing nothing.

He squints his eyes, tries to get a good look at that shimmering thing in the seas, whatever darn it might be. It's useless though, so he glares at the merciless sun and hops down the main deck to peep through the old spyglass.

The moment he looks through the telescope, his eyes widen comically at the sight of another ship coming their way. It fastly drains all the blood from his face, because never has he seen a ship that big in his uncounted years"Blimey.." He whispers to himself, shaking his head and looking back into the spyglass just to check. "Avast ye!" He says loudly, and soon he hears rough boots against the floorboards before sensing a presence beside him. He looks up and sees his old bucko, Jimin, standing there with an inquisitive look on his face. "What is it?"

Wordlessly, he quickly straightens up with wide eyes and gestures for the other to take a look himself, and once he does, he looks up with the same face Jeongguk just had one second ago. They both bolt away in an instant.

In panick, they quickly run to the middle of their ship. Jeongguk could hardly even call it a ship if he would compare it to the massive beast that he had just seen in the seas, nearing them. "Sail ho!" He heaves, shouting at the top of his lungs to get everyone's attention. "Sail ho!"

The commotion turns heads, the fellow buccaneers gathering around as Captain Im arises, emerging from his quarters with a deep frown etched on his face, his disconcertment evident. "What are ye curs shoutin' 'bout?"

"C-Captain! A ship! A big one—they're close!" He says, clutching at the man's arm for dear life as Jimin nods along beside him frantically, looking as scared as a weasel. At this, the captain's eyes widens in alarm, roughly shoving past his subordinates to get to the spyglass himself, peaking his one eye through the hole hurriedly.

Dead silence is followed after, dark gray clouds forming high in the sky, the warm afternoon air briskly turning chilly and biting. Slowly, the captain rises to his full height, pivoting on his spot to stare directly into Jeongguk's soul, nothing but pure anger clouding his orbs.

"Are ye running a rig, lassie? Ye think it's funny eh?"

Jeongguk's heart plummets.

"Captain, I wouldn't do such thing—"

"There is no darn ship! Ye scallywags just disturbed me from takin me caulk in peace!" The captain lunges forward, scowling down at Jeongguk and Jimin who looks down at their feet, chests heaving in fear.