4. First date

Start writing your story

POV Flora:

I got home from my parents house around 4, so I had 2 hours to get ready for my date with George. It's all going pretty fast, but with George it feels different for some reason. I texted George to find out what we were going to do so I could dress appropriately, but he answered with "don't worry about your outfit, You will look good no matter what you wear." I'm not gonna lie that did give me some butterflies, but It wasn't very helpful.

Since I broke up with my exboyfriend, I haven't been on a date. The breakup wasn't as hard as I expected it to be, we both agreed that we would be better of as friends than in a relation. So going on a date with George made me kinda nervous.

I face timed Olivia, to ask her for some fashion advice. I decided to wear this outfit.

exactly at 6 George showed up at my doorstep

exactly at 6 George showed up at my doorstep. He gave me a pretty bouquet of flowers, after I had set them in a vase we took a cab to the restaurant.
———————————————————————
POV George:

I was still debating where I should take Flora for dinner. The place where I usually go is really good, but Seychelle and I used to go there and I don't want any questions about her...

I decided to take her to Sushisamba, a sushi restaurant where I knew they valued the privacy of their customers, so I hope nobody will recognize me. It is also an amazing restaurant with an amazing view.

I got ready early so that I had time to arrange a bouquet of flowers and a cab that would take us to the restaurant

I got ready early so that I had time to arrange a bouquet of flowers and a cab that would take us to the restaurant. I made sure that I was early at her apartment building and at exactly 6 I rang her doorbell.
———————————————————————
The date:

POV Flora:

He took me to this amazing restaurant named Sushisamba which was located in the Heron Tower. The view was breathtaking and so was my date. He was a real gentleman and helped me with my chair. He made me feel so comfortable the whole date long. We have gotten to know each other so much better and we couldn't stop laughing. I never felt more comfortable with someone, that when he asked about if I had panic attacks often or if yesterday was the only time I decided to tell him.
I told him that It has been better, but that it is something that I started to struggle with since I came back from my exchange year in Paris. When our waitress came with the bill I said that I wanted to pay it but George refused, he insisted on paying.

Once back at my apartment it was already past midnight so we said our goodbyes. When we were hugging I felt butterflies in my stomach....

POV George:

I was so glad that her favorite food was sushi, otherwise the date could have gone south really quick. She looked so stunning that I couldn't get the smile of my face. She told me a lot about her personal life and also about serious things, I was thinking about telling her my real identity but I decided not to and wait for a better time.

I am really old-school when it comes to the first date, so I paid the bill even though Flora wanted to pay.

We were the last people in the restaurant and when we got 'kicked'out we took a cab to her apartment. When we arrived it was already 1am, So we said goodbye. I wanted to kiss her but I didn't want to scare her off, so I gave her a hug and told her that I would call her in the morning.