12. Meeting the family

POV Flora:

I was so excited and nervous at the same time to meet George's parents and him meeting mine.

It was George's mom, Allison's birthday. The whole family would come and George wanted to introduce me to everyone. I was really nervous but excited. We drove for about 50 minutes when we arrived at his parents house. When we arrived I looked at George and got a little bit anxious, 'what if they don't like me?'. George took my hand and pressed a kiss on it and said "Don't be nervous, they will love you." I walked in and handed the flowers to Allison, and she immediately gave me a hug. George was right, when I met his family it went so natural, and I truly felt at home. It really clicked at they were all so sweet. His mom showed me all his baby pictures and shared stories from his childhood.

It was almost midnight when George and I drove home, I was so tired that I fell asleep

It was almost midnight when George and I drove home, I was so tired that I fell asleep. George was driving and had his hand the whole way on my thigh, which gave me butterflies. When we arrived at my apartment George decided to stay over instead of going home. Tomorrow was going to be an exited day again because now it was George's turn to meet the In laws.

Today was the first Saturday of the month again which meant family day, and this time George would come as well. I was so curious what my family would say because when I told them I was dating someone they started laughing because they said "No, You are joking right? you are always so busy with work and school?". I knew my family would love George but still I was nervous what they would say because I didn't tell them he was an F1 driver. I know that at least my brother and cousin would freak out.

We took his car instead of the train what I usually do. It was only a 40 minute drive to my parents house and when we arrived I looked at George who was as calm as it can be. We walked in and I saw my family greeting George as he was apart of the family for ages. I knew than and there that I could really love him. My cousin and brother were flabbergasted and didn't know what to say or ask George, It was so funny because I had never seen them so quiet. It really clicked with my family and George and he even invited them to one of his races.

For once I actually liked going to the monthly family day. After lunch George took my brother and cousin for a spin in his Mercedes and when they came back there was such a big smile on their faces. They were wearing Williams merch as they came back and they couldn't be more happy.

When we drove back to London we were both happy and peaceful. Both families liked each other, and now they could really look to the future. We still had 2 days before George had to go to his next race, and in 2 weeks I would go and watch my first GP.

———————————————————————

POV George:

It were 2 important days, as we were going to meet each others family. On Friday we went to my parents house. My mom was so excited that I finally brought home a girl that was actually good for me. My ex-girlfriend and my mom could not get along that well so I was nervous bringing Flora home. My doubts were gone really quick when my mom whispered to me "I think you might have found the one". It was nice seeing the most important women in my life getting along and laughing. I didn't even have to start a conversation, my mom and flora were just talking and laughing the night away.

On Saturday it was my turn to meet Flora's family at their monthly family day. I wasn't nervous at all because I loved this girl so I knew I was going to love her family as well. Luckily it went as smooth as it went with my family and they really embraced me. Her family was actually really funny and I could see me spending time with them for the rest of my life. Her brother and cousin were scared to talk to me at first but they ended up chatting a lot. When I took her brother and cousin for a spin they saw the new Williams merch collection in the back. When I said that they could have it, they were so happy. Over all it was a really successful weekend. When we drove back to London I got a bit sad because I realized in 2 days I had to miss Flora again, but at the same time I now had something to look forward to when coming home...