15. Transfer news

POV Flora:

I had just moved into Georges apartment when all the craziness started happening. This was going to be a hectic week for George. George had just signed a contract with Mercedes for next year and the media was about to find it out this week. This was going to be so excited, George would finally drive in a top- car and could finally show his talents. But driving at a top team also brings a lot of pressure and media attention with it. Even I was asked for interviews and my Instagram follow request were sky high.

It was completely new for me this kind of media attention, but if it meant that George could have a good career in F1 I would do it day in day out.

George had only 2 races left with Williams and luckily I could attend the last one in Abu Dhabi.
———————————————————————
POV George:

This week the news about my move to Mercedes was finally out. Ever since I started with the Mercedes drivers academy, my goal was to end up with Mercedes in F1. After driving with Williams in the back for 3 years, my hard work had finally paid off. Toto gave me the opportunity to be a team mate to the world champion himself Lewis Hamilton. It is such an honor to being able to learn from a legend like Lewis and hopefully I could become the next Lewis Hamilton in the future.

When the news first came out the media went crazy, and I had interview after interview. I guess that is what a top team brings with it.

I was so excited to work with Mercedes next year, but at the moment I was still a Williams driver so I wanted to perform good for them as well. Claire Williams was sad that I was leaving but also really proud that her team contributed to my career in F1, and that I could always come back to Williams.