9. Rumors

POV Flora:

The past few days George and I have been inseparable, George had a few days left before his next race and we took full advantage of that. George was cleared to race again, so while I was working he was training. But everyday after training we would do something fun or just talk to get to know each other better.

It was around noon when I got a text message from Julia, Rose and Anne. I looked twice at my phone because I didn't receive a text from them in ages.

The text said "Hi Flora, We would like to catch up with you, It's been so long! We miss you girl!! How about some drinks tonight like old times?"

I was thinking, why out of no were text me to get drinks... Its been over 4 months and now all of a sudden they wanna hang out and be my friends again?

I do have to say that the first 2 months were hard, Seeing your former best friends hang out everyday without asking you to join is pretty hard. To be honest I moved on from them but still I decided a couple of drinks couldn't hurt anyone. I was kind of curious what they were up to anyways.

I picked out a cute dress and got ready. I decided to walk to the bar. Because if it was going to be like old times, we would drink wine all night. It started raining just before I entered the bar, so I rushed inside.

When I entered the bar I saw that the girls were already sitting there all dressed up

When I entered the bar I saw that the girls were already sitting there all dressed up. They didn't even say "hi" to me but immediately started asking about George. I asked them where they heard about George and me, and the answer I got was "Girl there are pictures of you 2 all over the internet doing things like karting and eating at Sushisamba, you know paparazzi follows him because he is famous". They kept asking rude questions like :

"Is he rich?" "how much money does he make a year?"
"Did you guys have sex already?"
"what kind of car does he drive? "
"Does he have any famous friends?"

Their questions took me by surprise, I interrupted them and said:

"REALLY? " "We haven't talked in over months and all you guys care about is to find out if I am dating this guy, and finding out if he is rich?" "sorry but I knew you guys were toxic when all of a sudden you guys dropped me when I needed you the most but THIS, you guys should be ashamed of yourself!" I stormed out and shouted to them "Please don't text me again" I had to hold back my tears in this moment, but when I stepped outside I couldn't anymore...

I felt so stupid for thinking that these girls just wanted to see me, instead they just wanted something from me, well something from George.

It was raining really hard so I decided to go to George's apartment since it was closer than mine. Usually if something would happen Olivia would be the first person to go to, but since she had never been in this situation I decided that George would know what to do. When I arrived I was soaking wet.
———————————————————————
POV George:

The doorbell rang and when I opened the door I saw Flora standing there all in tears and completely soaked. I didn't know what to do so I took her in my arms and hugged her for a long time until she calmed down. I was afraid that her panic attacks would start again, since the last time she had one was when I crashed. I made her a cup of tea and gave her some dry clothes. I soon found out what her 'friends' put her trough in the bar. I felt guilty that I didn't prepare her for people like them. I didn't really think about that since we weren't together officially yet. I wanted to make it official right there and then, but it wasn't the right time. Flora stayed over for the night and we watched Netflix all night until we fell asleep.