16. Abu Dhabi GP

POV Flora:

It was the last race of George at Williams. It was going to be an exciting race and I was happy that I could see it live. The past few months I have gotten to know Williams and their people a lot better, and George and I will definitely miss them. But this is the right move for George if he ever want to become a world Champion.

The race went as expected, George ended at P16 with no points scored this whole season. He might not have scored any points, his driving style had improved enormously and next season he could show it at Mercedes. 

After the race George and I stayed in Abu Dhabi for a little vacation. Little did we know this was going to be the last week before the Mercedes Madness would start. There was paparazzi making photos of us while we were swimming, which I didn't really like. I guess this is the new normal now... but we wouldn't trade it for anything different.

 but we wouldn't trade it for anything different

———————————————————————

POV George:

This was it, the last race with Williams who had taken care of me for 3 years now. It was really a family and I was going to miss all of them so much. On the other hand, at the end of this season a new chapter would start with the construction champion team Mercedes. Next season I would finally drive in a top-car again, and winning would be possible again.

Abu Dhabi has always been one of my favorite tracks to drive on, so to drive my last Williams F1 race here was pretty special. 

After the race it was kinda emotional to say bye to all the people at Williams, but we both wished each other the best. They gave me a very special helmet with all their signatures on it, something that I will keep forever.

Flora and I stayed in Abu Dhabi for a little vacation together. These past weeks were crazy so It was nice to relax for a week together. After our little vacation, the real work at Mercedes would start...

 After our little vacation, the real work at Mercedes would start