6. Crash

POV Flora:
It was the first Saturday of the month again, which was family day. I did not tell anything about George to my family, only my mom knew that I was talking to a boy but she didn't know more than that. I looked like shit, I had bags under my eyes from all the crying that I did last night, and it didn't help that I did not sleep. I tried to tell my family that I had an allergic reaction on a make-up product but my mom didn't buy it. She wanted to talk about it, but I said it is to soon.

I wasn't feeling like joining the adults so I joined my brother and cousin who were watching tv. 'Great' they were watching the qualification of F1, the one thing in the whole world that I don't want to watch right now. I asked if they wanted to watch a movie but the boys were to invested in the qualification since it was raining and very slippery. So I had to chose between sitting with the adults and talk about my feelings or watching the guy race who hurt my feelings... Guess Formula 1 it is.

I couldn't help myself but to Google George and his career highlights. I found out that he was one of the best drivers on the grid but in the worst car, so that he would probably end up at the back of the grid. I kinda felt guilty about how harsh I was yesterday to him over the phone, but my feelings took control . The more I read about him, the more I wanted to hear his side of the story. I decided to text him "hi, can we talk over Face time tonight?". Of course he didn't read it because he was racing. My brother tried to explain some things about Formula 1 to me but I didn't really listen. It was crazy slippery on the track and when George had a punctured tire, the only thing he could do was brace for impact. It was quiet on the board radio for 20 seconds when George said "I think I am okay..." My eyes were tearing up, and I didn't know what to do. My brother looked at me and asked if I am okay, I didn't answer and acted like my phone rung. I went outside and started calling George. He didn't pick up, I started crying. I really thought it was my fault that he crashed, the first thing you learn is that you should never drive when emotions are high. After calling him 30 times I gave up. I stayed outside and listened to some music. 5 minutes later he called me back.
———————————————————————
POV George:
I woke up just before my alarm clock, but i did not feel rested. I fucked up big time yesterday, and racing was the last thing that I wanted to do. I just have to suck it up for 2 days and that we have no races for 2 weeks. I already booked one flight earlier to London, so I could go to Flora as soon as possible. This girl is so different than all others, and I unfortunately realized that too late.

The race conditions were not ideal, it was very wet and slippery out on the track. I actually had a really good qualification, until I had a front rear puncture. The only thing I could do was brace for impact, a lot went through my head when it happened. My adrenaline was so high that I didn't feel any pain, but I still had to get checked out by a doctor. I had a concussion, and 2 bruised ribs yet I was still lucky. The news came out pretty quick that I couldn't race on Sunday. My marketing team had agreed that I would do one interview and than I could return to my drivers room. Just before the interview my trainer was on the phone with my parents and I told them that I was alright. When I got back to my drivers room, I looked at my phone and saw 30 missed calls from Flora. I asked for some privacy and called her back.
———————————————————————
Phone call:
G: "hi"

F: "George are you okay, I'm so sorry this is all my fault..."

G: "Flora please stop, This is NOT your fault. I'm fine" "its only a concussion and 2 bruised ribs, I'll be alright" "how do you know I crashed anyways?"

F: "it's the first Saturday of the month you know it is our family day and my brother was watching F1" "So what does this crash mean for your career?"

G: "I'll only be out for about 1,5 weeks the doctor said, so don't worry about me"
"Hey about yesterday... How are you?"

F: "I guess I'm fine but George you have bigger things to focus on now, we will talk when you are back in London. I just wanted to make sure that you were alright"

G: "Thank you for calling, I'll call when back in London okay?"

F: "Sure, see you then..."