5. Finding out

POV Flora:

Over the past few weeks George and I have talked every single day for at least a few hours. Most of it was over the phone since he was on vacation with his family, but still we managed to face time each other before going to bed.

It was around 5 in the afternoon and it started to already get a little bit darker outside. I made myself some dinner and ate it while watching some Tik Toks. I was scrolling until I saw a video about F1, I never really paid much interest in formula 1 but my brother always liked the sport. It was a edited video about the Ferrari team, and the visuals were really cool. I liked the video so I could show my brother, when I see him tomorrow.
All of a sudden I was on F1 Tik Tok, and by my surprised I kinda liked it. until I saw this edit video....

I stopped for a minute and watched it again, and again. Did I see this right? I felt a panic attack starting to occur. I tried to calm myself down, trying to convince myself that the boy I knew was not lying to me.

The doctor taught me that If I just had a panic attack it is good for me to go outside for a run or a walk to clear my head. I decided to go for a run and listen to some music. It started to rain, but I didn't stop running. Tears were falling down my face, how could I really think that I could find a boy that was 100% honest to me... Why did he lie to me? Is he embarrassed of me? A million questions started to come up in my mind....

Some songs on the playlist:

Those questions kept circling my mind, and I really wanted to get some answers. Who was the guy I talked to for so long, I was doubting if I should google him. I decided to not Google George Russel, but to call him to ask for his side of the story.
———————————————————————
POV George:

I texted with Flora throughout the day in between of free practices, but around 5 I didn't get an answer anymore. It didn't worry me right away, because she told me she was tired so I figured that she just fell asleep while watching Netflix.

I was about the go to bed when Flora called me, if was 11pm.
———————————————————————
Phone talk:

G: " hi Flora"

F: "George..."

G: "Are you okay?, It sounds like you have been crying"

F: "I don't know if I'm alright... please tell me you didn't lie to me..."
* Flora could barely say these words without balling her eyes out*

G: "Flora I'm sorry"
* George was tearing up as he heard how broken Flora was, he immediately knew what this phone call was about*

F: "George how could you, I get why you did it in the first place because people want stuff from you but we have been talking for over a month now for more that 3 hours a day" " How could you keep such a big part of your life a secret for me, and I have to find out through a stupid Tik Tok" "and all this time you weren't on vacation? you were racing?"

G: "yes...""Flora, I know there is no excuse I should have told you immediately but In the past people have used me and when you didn't recognize me I saw this as my chance to meet a girl like a normal guy..."

F: "I... I don't know what to say..."

G: "Can I come over after the race weekend to explain it to you face to face?"

F: "I don't know can I have some time to process this? its not that I care what your name is or what job you have it is about lying and I... I just need to process"

G: "please Flora..."

F: "I'm going to bed now..."

G: "please call me when you are ready, I didn't lie about my feelings for you"

* Flora hung up*

G: "Flora..."

Both George and Flora couldn't sleep that night and were thinking about each other.