Chapter 28: Beneath The Stars

From the moment Mew had woken up that morning he was in high spirits. He was all over his room from one end to the other, whether it was for packing his bags or the dancing that had overcome and taken control of his body.

The two weeks had passed, his exams were done and he would be going home the following morning, free for the next couple of weeks to spend time with his family and overall just laze around. Then he would come back a few days before classes started again, and once again enjoy his free time while it lasted.

Tonight though, he was going to go out with his friends to the park where they'd be 'partying' for the night in celebration, and he was honestly just waiting for time to pass so night could come, because he was wanting to spend the last night before going home just enjoying himself and indulging in the sweet taste of fun and enjoyment.

It was becoming a kind of tradition, they'd done it last year and Mew wouldn't be surprised if they ended up doing to it next year as well.

They didn't necessarily get wasted or drank till they passed out, sure they drank but it wasn't to the point where they coundn't see properly or even remember their own names, but more so to the point where they could feel the buzz.

The warm feeling that had people lost in the wondrous world of serotonin or splashing in the puddle of affection where all you wanted to do was hug and love everyone around you.

That's what Mew was looking forward to tonight. He wanted to dance and sing out of tune to his hearts content, till his feat could no longer hold his own weight and his voice become hoarse.

He wanted to get lost, though not to the point where he couldn't get found, he wanted to find happiness and just for a night forget everything else, not having a care in the world and just getting dizzy on the simple mundane things humans get to experience.

It's funny though, he doesn't remember feeling like this the year prior, sure there was the anticipation and anxiousness, but he hadn't felt it as strongly as he was now. It was most likely because this year had taken more out of him than the last. Though whatever the reason all he could care about was that he was happy, and that was enough for him.

Placing the last item of clothing in his bag he zips up the carrier and puts it next to the other two that lay against the wall across the room, waiting to be packed into the trunk of his car.

He'd started packing just after making his morning cup of coffee, not wanting to leave it to the last minute and then have to rush to get everything sorted. He had promised his mom he'd get there at a certain time and that meant he'd have to leave at a certain time. So leaving everything last minute wouldn't help him at all.

Music still going, he goes over to his little table, grabbing his mug of coffee before bringing it to his awaiting lips, sigh in satisfaction as the warm liquid hits his tastebuds.

Through the drawn curtains the sun shone, giving light to the room as well as proving to be a natural heater. Something told him the stars would be visiting them tonight.

Cup held in his hand he walks over to his bookshelf, sparing a quick glance over toward the auburn instrument laid against the wall before looking away to focus on the books displayed on the wooden shelves.

Picking out 'Luna' by Julie Anne Peters. He'd started reading it recently and took a liking to it, he was already more then halfway through it, the story being both sad and beautiful.

Going back to the small table he props his feet up onto the chair adjacent, holding the book in one hand and his mug in the other. The natural summer sun illuminating the pages perfectly, along with the spontaneous drafts of wind, it felt like the perfect morning.