Chapter 33: The Experiment

The noise had started out faint as it tugged at his mind, pulling him from his slumber as he - like most mornings - attempted to ignore it, act like it wasn't there and not so pleasantly calling out to him.

The noise wasn't at all calming or peaceful and more like the sound between a telephone ringing and an incessant vibration that had him wanting to punch the damned thing, his irritation having only increased from the first two times he'd snoozed it.

His alarm was the bane of his fucking existance.

"Jesus, just get up already and turn that thing off or there'll be a new addition added to the pavement outside." Came an irritated gruff voice from behind him.

"Be my guest." He groans in response from under his blanket. His eyes were sore and he was not feeling at all in the mood to attend class.

Laughter fills the room and he attempts to block it out with his pillow. Though he's soon sitting up with an unappealing scowl on his face as his shield of warmth is pulled from his body.

"Get up, you'll be late if you don't."

Giving in with an annoyed huff he swings around, planting his feet on the cold floor as his bedding is tossed back onto his mattress. Turning off the alarm he outstretches his arms with a yawn, blinking a few times.

"Don't just sit there all morning, I have a job to get to and I'm not coming in late because of your slow ass."

"Okaaay, just let me at least catch up with myself." Heaving one last sigh he stands, walking past Mild and into their small bathroom.

Stripping from his now thrice used pajamas he takes a quick whiff of them before deciding that they most definitely shouldn't be used again. Stuffing them into the washing basket he moves to put the shower on.

He makes sure to wash up quickly as well as wash his hair before hopping out the steamy cubicle a few minutes later. In the midst of drying off something in the miss-placed mirror above the sink catches his eye, a mark, or rather several marks, all varying in a range of different colours, but most of them a dark shade of red.

There weren't too many and they were mostly on his stomach, away from the wondering eye. Touching over them slightly memories begin to flood back into his mind of the most recent occasion the popped blood vessels would've been from.

Gulf's cheeks redden slightly, images from a few nights ago suddenly assaulting his mind. A certain naked and moaning male following straight after. The hands, the touches, sloppy kisses, sweaty skin-

"Hurry up in there, not even a narcissist takes this long."

"Hold on, I'm not superman, give me a minute."

"I have given you several minutes. I wouldn't be rushing you if you'd actually gotten up on time lazy ass."

"Okay, jeez."

Wrapping the towel around his hips he exits the bathroom walking past his waiting friend to get to his stack of drawers. Making sure to keep his back to Mild he changes into a white tee and a pair of black slacks.

Next he works on lacing up his shoes and packing his satchel. Announcing his readiness Mild exhales an exasperated sigh before grabbing his own things and the pair take their leave.

"I swear, you're so impatient."

"And I swear if you weren't my Nong Id've just left you and gone to work."

"Asshole."

"Lazy ass."

The banter ends there as the two get into their shared car. Normally Gulf would just walk but he'd woken up late and his faculty building was too far away for him to walk to and not be late. So Mild would just drop him off and head to work.