Chapter 19: The Sight To Behold

"I found god,
I found him in a lover.
When his hair falls in his face and his hands so cold they shake,
I found the devil, I found him in a lover.

And his lips like tangerine
in his colour-coded speak,
now we're lost somewhere in outer space in a hotel room where demons play,
they run around beneath our feet, we roll around beneath these sheets~

I've got a lover I love like a legend I'm such a fool for sacrifice,
it's comin' down down comin' down,
it's comin' down down comin' down..."

Mew sang along pulling up to the little coffee shop he'd come to quickly get himself a caffè macchiato at, which for him would be his supposed 'lunch'.

And afterword he'd be heading straight for the park, all his friends were mostly already there, leaving him once again to be the fashionably late one of the group. Not that he really even minded, it was for a good cause after all; caffeine.

Walking into the modern-like establishment, Mew strolls over to the counter, already knowing his order, it's been the first thing he craved this morning and the craving had only gotten worse as time went on, leaving him in a constant loop of anticipation until now.

Placing his order to the employee behind the counter in a quick manner, Mew goes to take a seat at the closest table that wasn't occupied and patiently waits for his order to be called.

After getting back to his dorm yesterday, he'd decided to check the group chat, see his friends plans for the next day. And it seemed that Kaownah had a little something in store for the group, and Mew already suspected about what it could be, and judging by the emojis he'd used, Mew was probably right.

"Caffè macchiato!"

Getting up, Mew pushes the chair back in and heads to get his 'lunch', a thankful smile spreads across his face as he thanks the employee and gets back to his car, already having taken multiple sips of his beverage.

Jumping into his car he places his drink into the cup holder before getting out of the parking lot and driving off. The music starts and Preach by Keiynan Lonsdale is the first song to play once he's selected a playlist.

The car ride seems to zoom by as his mind wonders, focusing on the lyrics that come with every song that plays, or random things he passes by, the world seeming to be interesting today, more then usual.

Arriving in front of the park's entrance Mew makes sure to bring his jacket from the back seat just in case the temperature decides to change later on and he has nothing to cover his bare arms.

That'd be fucking fun.

Grabbing his satchel from the passenger seat Mew places his things into the manufactured carrier, grabs his drink and hops out the car. And just like every time he visits the beautiful nature filled public distributed garden, he's in awe of the chaste beauty of it all.

Being in nature is like being in a whole nother world. One full of wonders, mystery, enchantment and astonishment. One that not even the most anciant or experienced of eyes can truly grasp or define.

Nature is a living, breathing, spectacular organism that brings life to basically everything the earth holds, without it humans and most of the earth's inheritance would die. It's something not many people think about or really realise. It's something we take for granted.

And for that we treat the earth as if it were one begin garbage dump. Humanity truly doesn't deserve what the earth gifts us with, not in the slightest, and yet, it still deals with our shit when it could easily wipe us all out. But yeah...