Chapter 17: Phone Number

Head shooting up from the soft comforter it was buried in, alarm is evident all over Mew's face as the sound of screaming sounds through the room, waking everyone else that'd been sleeping in the presses as well.

"Who the fuck is screaming and why?"

"Sorry sorry, that's my alarm." Answers Mawin across from him on the other bed. He lazily reaches for his phone, the terror filled-like screaming instantly ceasing.

Mew goes to sit up, intending to question/chew out his friend about the alarm, but his advancements are stopped short when he realises that someone is lying pretty much on top of him.

Only to go wide-eyed when he sees that it's none other then Gulf. His face resting just above his tail bone and arms wrapped around his torso.

"Uh, G-Gulf." He pokes the male's shoulder, surprised he hadn't woken up to the panic infusing alarm.

"Mmm, I don't have any morning classes Mild, go away."

"Gulf, it's me."

Looking up with hooded eyes, he squints looking up at Mew, a look of surprise almost identical to the one Mew'd worn only mere moments ago takes over his face and he instantly releases Mew of his grip.

"Sorry. I don't remember falling asleep like that..."

The atmosphere suddenly becomes rather awkward and the two avoid eye contact, not knowing exactly what to do with the situation; not even knowing how they came to be in that situation.

Everyone else that was there that'd woken was either not conscious enough to realise what was going on or just not paying attention, but the ones that had noticed were just staring at the two, not knowing what to do.

But after remembering why he'd tried to get up in the first place, Mew turns to Mawin, a 'what the fuck?' Look on his face.

"Why the hell do you have the sound of someone screaming as your alarm!?" Mawin shrugs.

"That's actually me screaming, and it's my alarm because it's effective."

"Wait. So you recorded yourself screaming and then proceeded to set it as your alarm, on full volume at that?"

"Yep, and it works."

"Yeah, works in giving people heart attacks. How does your roommate cope?"

"Oh yeah, he has his own alarm set before mine, but I never wake up from it."

"Jesus, the poor guy."

"Nah, he says he prefers to wake up earlier."

"Ah huh." It just then hits him that it's actually the guy's bed that he's lying on, making a mental note to make sure the bed is made before he goes.

"What's the time?" Asks Mild breaking the silence as he looks around the room, still looking half asleep.

"Ahh, 07:05." At that Mild shoots right up, whatever sleepiness that was left suddenly vanishing as he stands up from the floor, seemingly the place he fell asleep last night.

"I have a class that starts in an hour, shit. Gulf we need to go." He hurriedly announces as if he'd just taken a shot of pure modafinil.

Taking a second to think about the time as well, Mew realises that he should probably also get going.

"I'll follow you guys out, I should get going as well." He says getting up from the bed, trying to rub as much of the sleep out of his eyes as he can.

Last night everyone except Ice and Tong had stayed the night, not thinking it was wise to be driving in the rain that late at night. But Tong and Ice both had places to be early this morning so Tong offered to drive he back to her dorm while on the way to his, since he was probably the only really sober one last night. The rest of the group just decided to spend the night.