Chapter 14: Awkward

The low vibrations of the engine feel through car and subtly through Mews body, almost unnoticeablely. The crisp warm wind circulates through the car from the drive's window, keeping the air fresh and the car cool.

There's a sort of giddy aura in the air as Mew drives toward his destination, a small smile clear on his face. Mew wasn't really sure as to why he was getting worked up over something so simple, something he'd done many times before. But he didn't care all that much either, it was a treasured feeling and he didn't want to let it go.

Bringing his hand to the gear shift, Mew parks just a little ways from Tong's dorms. Turning down the music, he waits for his friends arrival so they can meet up with the rest of the group.

Mew woke up this morning with no intent to go out what so ever, but after the twentieth buzz from his phone he went to go check the group chat, finding that everyone wanted to make a plan to meet up tonight.

Mew decided to just mute the chat knowing full well that a decision wouldn't be made any time soon and just went back to doing his thing. Only to be interrupted again, it having been Ice and Mawin telling him that they'd decided that they wanted to go to the movies and asked if he wanted to come as well.

He wasn't sure at first, but after thinking it over, he concluded that it'd actually be pretty cool to go out and watch a movie with his friends like they used to.

And that's how he came to be as he is now, waiting for his friend so he they can go and get their night started.

And less then a minute later Tong appears at the passenger side of the car, lightly rapping on the window.

Opening the door for him, he gets in with a slight grunt. "Hey." He greets strapping himself in.

"Hey." Mew replies putting the car into reverse, driving off toward the only cinema the town had, located in the biggest mall the town had, and honestly it stuck out compared to all the other buildings the suburb  harboured.

"Can I pick something?" Asks Tong, referring to the music.

"Sure."

Tong grabs his phone, scrolling through the loads of music, but it's not long before he chooses something, having already known what he was looking for, it'd just been a matter of finding it.

Mew laughs at his friends choice, finding it funny how he basically chose the same thing every time. Tong looks over toward his driver.

"What?"

"You always choose this band."

"Oh come on, not always." He defends, an indignant tone in his voice.

"Maybe not, but it's still like a good 85% of the time that you do."

"Well I like them and I only listen to them when it's you playing the music."

"Why don't you just get the album for yourself?"

"Nah."

Mew sighs with a chuckle, never growing tired of his friends behaviour, and for the rest of the drive he and Tong listen to The Front Bottoms, cracking jokes while Mew tries to keep most of his focus on the road, but finds himself laughing every few minutes at certain topics on their conversations and just stupid things.

But the conversing is cut short as they reach the farley large mall, taking a minute or two to find a parking space that wasn't at very end of the parking lot.

"What movie are we watching again?" Asks Mew.

"Uuuh, I'm not sure... I can't remember."

"Wow, phenomenal memory, you're going to be an amazing teacher one day."