Chapter 5: Doomed Intentions

If you were an outsider looking in, you'd find nothing to be out of the ordinary or out of place, all seemingly normal. But then again, an outsider can't really, or doesn't usually see the whole picture.

Because if you're an outsider you wouldn't really notice the small little things while looking at the scene before you. The scene that is being played out in the back of the restaurant as the six friends and two new arrivals in town talk and joke around, reminiscing the old days and learning about the recent ones.

All seems fine between the group, and indeed it is...

For all except the pair that sit next to each other at the joined table.

Maybe Mew was acting childish and imature. But did he care?

N fucking O.

Every chance he could get, Mew did something to annoy the boy he'd come to know as 'Gulf', or say something that could easily be deciphered as a passive attitude towards the male.

But it mostly went unnoticed, for all except who it was directed towards. But the others could sense something weird between the two, causing them to be slightly confused, considering they'd only just met and were already being weird with each other.

Ice was the first one to take notice of their behaviour towards each other. Like the way Mew would say something and how Gulf would laugh while rubbing his nape, a nervous action if she's ever seen one. Then there was that moment when he'd taken his order and by chance Ice'd looked over at Gulf, only to see his cheeks covered in a thin (almost unnoticeable) layer of red. Leaving her to wonder what'd caused the male's sudden blood rush.

But otherwise, all seemed normal, and everyone was enjoying themselves.

"Okay... and like you guys've been keeping in touch?" Asks Mild, a shocked look on his face.

"Yeah, we text constantly. And like honestly I'm pretty shocked, I really thought it would just be like a one night stand, and when they said they wanted to 'keep in touch' I thought it was just like one of those things that you usually say after a hook up. But they've been pretty persistent in keeping in touch with me."

"Well it seems like they really like you, maybe an actual relationship will come out of this. I mean, it kinda seems like that's what their intentions are with how they're acting towards you."

"I know right. I mean I've never thought about being in a poly relationship before, and honestly it actually sounds really cool, like there's just more love to go around. But I also don't what to get my hopes up if nothing is actually going to come of this, they might just be keeping in contact because they don't want to hurt my feelings."

"No. There was no point in them asking for your number and saying they'd keep in touch if they really didn't want to. 'Cause they could've just said goodbye that morning and left, but they didn't. They like you."

"Well I guess we'll just have to wait and see. But enough about me. What about you Phi, how's your love life going?" A bitter laugh falls from Mild's lips.

"Ahh, that plain is dryer than the Sahara desert. I was seeing this girl a little while back, but nothing really came of it."

"Nothing really?" Teases Mawin. "What did come of it?"

Mild laughs rubbing a hand over his face, shaking his head slightly at his Nongs childish behaviour. "You guys haven't changed a bit."

"Oh come on. You're so much worse than us, well at least you used to be." Accuses Kaownah leaning back in his chair.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

"Oh please, don't put on that innocent act. You were by far the most dirty mouthed in our group back in high school. You were always saying the strangest sexual things, innuendos to the max, and they were like all about food. I think I speak for everyone when I say, eating a ice cream will never be the same. Shit scared me for life." Kaownah scrunches his nose in disgust, the old joke replaying in his head.