Chapter XVI

As Thrawn's fleet formed a blockade around Terra Nord, Thrawn began analyzing the Sky Knight sanctuary for any possible countermeasures that could endanger Thrawn's attack. After much patience, Thrawn received intel from Darod and his Raptors. In the report, he found a primitive shield generator protecting the main base. It didn't take long for Thrawn to devise a strategy. 

Thrawn: Count Ulric, deploy the walkers. You will lead the attack. 

Count Ulric: The walkers have yet to be tested. 

Thrawn: I am confident that the walkers will do their job. Our first objectives will be to destroy the shield generator. Once the shield generator is destroyed, we will move in on the Sky Knights. The Storm Hawks will no doubt attempt to mount a daring offensive. Be prepared for anything. 

Count Ulric: Understood, Grand Admiral. 

Thrawn: Today shall be a glorious day, Count. Today will be the day that the Sky Knights shall be defeated. The Cyclonian Empire shall restore order to Atmos. 

As Thrawn began executing his plan, Stork was doing some repairs on the Condor. As he was conducting his repairs, the Condor's scanners began beeping. Stork checked the scanners and it detected several large vehicles heading their way. Stork used the Condor's periscope to survey the area. In the distance, Stork saw five large four legged combat walkers converging on the sanctuary. 

Stork: We're doomed....

Meanwhile at the Sky Knight sanctuary, the Storm Hawks and Starling met up with Aegis to discuss their next move. Suddenly, Stork ran inside. 

Aerrow: Stork? What's wrong? 

Stork: The Cyclonians! They found us! They're coming!

Without hesitation, everyone ran outside to see the combat walkers heading their way. Every Sky Knight in the camp was frozen in fear. 

Piper: How did they find us?!

Aerrow: It doesn't matter! We need to evacuate the Terra immediately!

Starling: There is no place else for us to go, Aerrow. Terra Nord was the last place in Atmos for us to hide out.

Aerrow: We can't give up and let Thrawn win! We have to do something!

Suddenly, the walkers began firing on the camp. Large blaster bolts caused chaos and destruction on the camp. It wasn't long before panic began spreading to the camp. Seeing the chaos, Aerrow attempts to rally the others. 

Aerrow: SKY KNIGHTS! SKY KNIGHTS! We can't give in to fear now! This is what Thrawn wants! We can't give up! This is our chance to fight back! We didn't give up when Master Cyclonis sent her forces to wipe us out! We cannot give up when Thrawn does the same! We must not falter! We must not give up! No matter what, we must fight on! Stand with me as Sky Knights of Atmos! For today, we fight as one! We fight for a free Atmos!

As Aerrow spoke those words, Aegis couldn't help but be inspired by Aerrow's words. He soon joined Aerrow in addressing the crowd. 

Aegis: When I became a member of the Sky Council, I swore an oath to protect Atmos. I am here to heed to that oath. I cannot on good conscience allow others to fight on my behalf. Atmos is our home! We cannot abandon our fight for freedom! Let us make our stand here! Ready your weapons! Ready your Skimmers! Let this be the hour when we stand side by side together! Ride now! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

In that moment, the Sky Knights rallied around the Storm Hawks as well as Aerys. Despite the overwhelming odds against them, the Sky Knights would make their stand against Thrawn's forces. The Storm Hawks boarded the Condor. 

Stork: Why are we doing this?! We should be running! 

Aerrow: Running won't be an option, Stork. 

Junko: I still don't understand how Thrawn found us! 

As Junko asked that question, Piper took a moment to reflect on how easy the Storm Hawks were able to escape from Thrawn's fleet. She thought of how little resistance Thrawn put in chasing the Condor. It didn't take long for Piper to realize what really happened. 

Piper: He let us go. He must've planted a tracker on the Condor before we escaped. 

Finn: There's no way he planted a tracker on us! I was on the Condor with Stork and Junko! We didn't see anybody get near the Condor! 

Stork: Unless someone was using a Cloaking Crystal to plant the tracker without us knowing. Considering we were literally in enemy territory, I was concerned with staying alive and keeping the Condor intact. 

With the revelation of the tracker known to the Storm Hawks, a sense of guilt hung over the Sky Knights. They had unknowingly led Thrawn to the location of the Sky Knight remnant. 

Junko: So we...we did this?

Aerrow: We'll make it right, Junko. We're not about to let Thrawn win. First thing we gotta to is take down those walkers. Something tells me those walkers are going to cause some serious problems. 

Piper: What do you suggest we do, Aerrow?

Aerrow: We fight, Piper. We're going to give Thrawn everything we have. If Thrawn wants a fight, then he's going to get one!

In that moment, the Storm Hawks as well as the Sky Knights prepared for all out war against Thrawn's forces. There was no escape. Terra Nord would be where the Sky Knights would make their stand against Thrawn's forces. Despite the overwhelming odds against them, the Sky Knights would stand their ground against Thrawn and the Cyclonian Empire.