Chapter I

In the Cyclonian Palace of Terra Cyclonia, Master Cyclonis was planning her next move against the Sky Knights. As she did, Dark Ace entered the throne room.

Master Cyclonis: What is it, Dark Ace?

Dark Ace: A strange ship has landed near the palace. 

Master Cyclonis: What kind of ship?

Dark Ace: It appears to be some kind of small cruiser. I've never seen anything like it. 

Upon hearing this, Cyclonis became curious about this ship. Whatever it was had caught her interest. 

Master Cyclonis: Is there any sign of life?

Dark Ace: I'm not sure. It hasn't moved since it landed. Ravess and Snipe are keeping an eye on it with a group of Talons. 

Master Cyclonis: Take me to this ship. I want to know everything about it. 

Dark Ace then led Master Cyclonis to the area where the ship was. Outside the ship were Ravess, Snipe and a small group of Talons. 

Master Cyclonis: What is the situation? 

Ravess: Nothing yet, Master Cyclonis. 

Snipe: Let me and my boys smash through in there! Whatever's in there is probably dead or dying!

???(Ship Intercom): I assure you that I am quite alive. Brute force won't be necessary. 

The pilot's calm voice startled the group. Cyclonis herself became more interested. She calmy approached the ship. 

Master Cyclonis: I am Master Cyclonis of the Cyclonian Empire. Identify yourself and state your purpose. 

???(Ship Intercom): I assure you that I mean you no harm. I am under the assumption that you are leader or at the very least, the superior officer.

Master Cyclonis: I am the ruler of the Cyclonian Empire. I will say again. Identify yourself and state your purpose. 

???(Ship Intercom): Very well, Master Cyclonis. I am Commander Mitth'raw'nuruodo, officer of the Expansionary Defense Fleet, servant of the Chiss Ascendancy. 

Upon hearing this, Cyclonis grew more and more interested. The others were at a loss of words. They simply kept listening. 

Mitth'raw'nuruodo(Ship Intercom): The Chiss Ascendancy has taken a special interest in this planet. 

Master Cyclonis: For what purpose? 

Mitth'raw'nuruodo(Ship Intercom): For study. I can tell that despite your rather young age, you command great authority over your government. On behalf of my people, I offer a beneficial alliance. 

Upon hearing this, Master Cyclonis was even more interested. Despite that, she was very cautious about this stranger from another world. 

Master Cyclonis: What do you have to offer?

Mitth'raw'nuruodo(Ship Intercom): I am quite well versed in the art of war. Based on what I've seen, your government is a militaristic one. I believe I would prove to be quite a valuable asset. 

Master Cyclonis took a moment to think on his offer. She had no idea of what his intentions were. But if he was half as gifted as he said he was, then Mitth'raw'nuruodo could prove to be a powerful weapon against the Sky Knights. 

Master Cyclonis: Very well then. On behalf of the Cyclonian Empire, I accept your offer. 

When Cyclonis accepted his offer, the Cyclonian lieutenants voiced their concerns. 

Ravess: You can't be serious, Master Cyclonis! How do we know that we can trust him?!

Dark Ace: This is a very dangerous move, Master Cyclonis. I don't like this.

Mitth'raw'nuruodo(Ship Intercom): I understand your concern, but rest assured that I have no ulterior motives.

Despite the warnings of her lieutenants, the young Empress still accepted the Chiss Officer's offer. 

Mitth'raw'nuruodo(Ship Intercom): One more thing before we proceed. Chiss names are difficult for many species to properly pronounce. I suggest you address me by my core name: Thrawn. 

When Mitth'raw'nuruodo said this, Cyclonis grew annoyed. Never had any one spoken to her in a condescending way. It was as if she was being spoken to like a child. 

Master Cyclonis: It will not be a problem, Mitthrannuruodo.

Thrawn(Ship Intercom): Mitth'raw'nuruodo.

Master Cyclonis: I just said that. Mitthronurodu. 

Thrawn(Ship Intercom): Mitth'raw'nuruodo. 

At this point, Cyclonis could hear a slight difference between her pronunciations and his. She wasn't able to correct her version. 

Master Cyclonis: Fine....Thrawn. 

Thrawn(Ship Intercom): Thank you, Master Cyclonis. This will make things better for everyone and help avoid unnecessary complications. I will be departing my ship. Though I must warn you, my physical appearance at first glance will be quite....unsettling. 

As Thrawn said that, his ship opened up. Master Cyclonis took a step back as to be courteous. Out of the ship walked a blue skinned man with red eyes. His blue and black hair was slicked back. He wore a strange military uniform. 

Thrawn: Master Cyclonis. A pleasure to meet you face to face. 

Master Cyclonis: Thrawn. The pleasure is all mine. 

Cyclonis and Thrawn began walking away from the ship. As they came closer to the Cyclonian lieutenants and the Talons, all eyes were on Thrawn. 

Thrawn: These are your officers?

Master Cyclonis: Dark Ace is my second in command. Ravess and Snipe are my chief lieutenants. 

Thrawn: I am very much looking forward to working with you all. 

Dark Ace: We shall see, Thrawn. 

As they began walking, Snipe turned o his sister and spoke from under his breath.

Snipe: What a fucking freak.....

In that moment, Thrawn had become a military leader within the Cyclonian Empire. As this alliance was formed, Thrawn's military prowess would prove to have dangerous consequences for both the Storm Hawks and the Sky Knights. For Thrawn himself, he saw this as an opportunity to see what the military capabilities of the Cyclonian Empire were. Time would tell on how this alliance would effect Atmos.