Chapter II

Months have passed since Thrawn aligned himself with Master Cyclonis and the Cyclonian Empire. In that time, Thrawn had waged successful military campaigns against the Sky Knights. He soon climbed to the rank of Grand Admiral in the Cyclonian military. No one outside Cyclonia knew Thrawn other than his name and his allegiance. One day as Thrawn was planning another military campaign, Master Cyclonis approached him in the war room of the Cyclonian Palace.

Thrawn: Ah. Master Cyclonis. To what do I owe for the unexpected pleasure?

Master Cyclonis: I have come for updates on the war effort.

Thrawn: The Sky Knights have proven to be quite the resilient force. Though nothing I cannot handle.

As Thrawn said this, Cyclonis saw artistic renditions of the Storm Hawks as well as cultural connections of the young Sky Knights.

Master Cyclonis: What is this?

Thrawn: To defeat an enemy, you must know them. Not just their battle tactics. But their history, philosophy, art.

Cyclonis found herself fascinated by the Chiss's thinking. Not even Dark Ace or even herself thought  that kind of thinking.

Thrawn: But I digress. Is there a reason for your arrival besides a need for updates?

Master Cyclonis: Tell me Thrawn, what do you know about the Far Side of Atmos?

Upon hearing this, Thrawn became interested in Cyclonis's question. Ever since he arrived on Atmos, the Far Side had captured his interest.

Thrawn: Based on my extensive research of the Far Side, it appears it's mysteries are still relatively unknown. It fascinates me greatly. 

Master Cyclonis: Then we are of the same mind. I have recently acquired a key that will allow me to open a portal that will grant me access to the Far Side of Atmos. 

When Cyclonis said this, she received Thrawn's undivided attention.   

Thrawn: Is that so? You have caught my interest. 

Master Cyclonis: I plan to send a fleet over to the Far Side to expand our Empire. I have already began siphoning it's resources for the Nightcrawlers as well future endeavors against the Sky Knights. The end of the war is coming, Grand Admiral. It will be glorious day for the Cyclonian Empire. Atmos will finally fall in line. 

Thrawn: I am more than happy to deliver on that promise, Master Cyclonis. What would you have me do?

Master Cyclonis: I will send you to the Far Side and further expand the Cyclonian Empire. 

Thrawn: Very well. But in order for me to properly execute this mission, I would need a rather substantial fleet. Not too large, but not too small. A modest fleet will suffice. 

Thrawn had laid out his request to Master Cyclonis. She lets out a sinister smile as she gestured the Chiss Grand Admiral to follow her. She soon led him to the hanger bay where a medium sized fleet stood before them. The first to catch Thrawn's attention was a large Cyclonian Warship. 

Master Cyclonis: Here is your fleet. I trust this will suffice?

Thrawn: Without question. This fleet is perfect for the mission you have given me. I see you have donated the Chimaera flagship to me. How generous.

Master Cyclonis: Consider it a reward for your service to the Cyclonian Empire. In your fleet are among the elite Talons as well as some of the finest military officers in all of Cyclonia. Such an endeavor requires the elite of Cyclonia. 

Thrawn: You are far too generous, Master Cyclonis. I will give you regular updates on my venture into the Far Side. 

As Thrawn said this, Count Ulric: Master Cyclonis's most trusted military adviser approached the two. 

Master Cyclonis: Count Ulric. Has everything been arranged?

Count Ulric: Yes, Master Cyclonis. The fleet you have requested is ready to move on the Far Side. 

Master Cyclonis: Very good, Count. Grand Admiral Thrawn will be assuming command of this fleet as well as this mission. I trust that won't be an issue, will it Count?

Count Ulric: None at all. I trust your judgement without hesitation. I am very much looking forward to working with the Grand Admiral. 

Thrawn: The feeling is mutual, Count. I have heard stories of your military endeavors during the reign of Master Anarchis. Based on your military record, I am more than confident of your ability. 

Count Ulric: Likewise, Grand Admiral. The fleet is ready when you are. 

Thrawn: Then let us not delay any longer. I am ready to begin the operation, Master Cyclonis. 

Master Cyclonis: Very well then. 

Master Cyclonis then activated the doorway to the Far Side. She then used her mastery in Crystal Sorcery to expand the doorway so that it would accommodate the modest size of Thrawn's fleet.  

Thrawn: Fascinating technology. Shall we begin, Count?

Count Ulric: Yes. 

After that, both Thrawn and Count Ulric boarded the Chimaera Cyclonian Warship. After that, the Chimaera launched and led the fleet through the portal. Soon enough, the entire fleet reached the Far Side. As the portal closed, Master Cyclonis smiled to herself. 

Master Cyclonis: Soon the secrets of the Far Side will be mine to control. With it's power, all of Atmos will be mine. 

As Cyclonis set her plan to conquer Atmos in motion, Grand Admiral Thrawn and Count Ulric would work on expanding the Cyclonian Empire into the Far Side. Thrawn would take the opportunity to study whatever mysteries the Far Side would offer. The knowledge from the Far Side would prove beneficial to the Cyclonian cause.