Chapter III

After reaching the Far Side of Atmos, the fleet of Grand Admiral Thrawn and Count Ulric had begun the process colonizing the immediate area. Soon enough, Thrawn and Ulric had created an powerful Cyclonian colony. Months later, the fleet of Thrawn had grown increasingly powerful thanks to the mysterious resources found on the Far Side. One day, Thrawn and Ulric were discussing the updates on the exploration of the Far Side.

Thrawn: How fares the exploration teams, Count?

Count Ulric: Our teams have discovered several found large ores of Crystals scattered around the Far Side. I have sent mining teams to mine the Crystals and implement them into our fleet and troops.

Thrawn: A wise decision. Such resources would prove beneficial to our fleet.

Soon enough, Thrawn and Ulric boarded the Chimera warship to inform Master Cyclonis about the updates to the colonization of the Far Side.

Thrawn: Master Cyclonis, I am pleased to inform you that the colonization of the Far Side is proceeding ahead of schedule. We have already moved to implement it's resources into the fleet. 

As Thrawn sent the message to Master Cyclonis, no response was made. Thrawn and Ulric became concerned. 

Count Ulric: Something's wrong. 

Thrawn began immediately thinking up possible scenarios of what could be going on. Suddenly, they saw the Condor flying above them. Before they could react, the Condor was long gone. 

Count Ulric: That was the Condor. What are the Storm Hawks doing here?

Thrawn: It would appear that the Sky Knights have defeated Master Cyclonis.

Count Ulric: How can you be certain? 

Thrawn: The lack of a response from Master Cyclonis indicates that all communications to Terra Cyclonia have been disrupted indefinitely. 

At this point, Count Ulric was at a loss of words. While he was aware of the potential of the Storm Hawks, even he didn't think that they were capable of defeating Master Cyclonis. Thrawn however expected this possibility. He took a moment to analyze the situation all all possible scenarios and outcomes.

Thrawn: It would appear that our adversaries have made a decisive move against us. If my calculations are correct, then Master Cyclonis and Dark Ace have been defeated and pushed into the Far Side. 

Count Ulric: Shall we pursue the Storm Hawks? We have more than enough firepower to overwhelm the Condor. 

Thrawn: No. Such an approach would be exactly what they desire. Even if they aren't expecting us, these particular group of Sky Knights have proven to overcome overwhelming brute force. Doing so despite our superior numbers would prove to be detrimental in our efforts. 

Count Ulric: Then what do you suggest, Grand Admiral?

Thrawn: With Master Cyclonis defeated, the Cyclonian Empire will no doubt be in chaos. Ravess and Snipe will have already begun fighting amongst themselves for control of the Cyclonian Empire. Whether or not the Sky Knights capitalize on this remains to be seen.

The Cyclonian Count knew exactly where Thrawn was going.

Count Ulric: Are you suggesting that we take our fleet and invade Cyclonia?

Thrawn: That will be out first course of action. Once we've regained control of the Empire, we will move in on the Sky Knights.

Count Ulric: And the Storm Hawks?

Thrawn: We'll wait for them to make the first move. We will react appropriately.

At that point, a bold plan was proposed by the Chiss Grand Admiral. Thrawn was fully aware that his plan was risky. Count Ulric was skeptical.

Count Ulric: And what of Master Cyclonis? My loyalty is to her. I will not overthrow her authority.

Thrawn: This is no coup, I assure you. With Cyclonis gone, her Empire is in chaos and her enemies are most eager to pounce. We must move quickly and decisively. This course of action must be taken if the Cyclonian Empire is to survive.

Count Ulric had his reservations about Thrawn's plan. Despite this, there was no other way. It was either this or allow Ravess and Snipe tear the Cyclonian Empire apart through their civil war. Allowing either of them to win and gain control to the Cyclonian Empire was simply unacceptable.

Count Ulric: Having the Cyclonian Empire fall to either those two fools is unacceptable. Very well, Grand Admiral. I will follow you in this endeavor. 

Thrawn: I understand your reservations, Count Ulric. However, this is the only way to bring order to the Cyclonian Empire. Once order has been properly restored, we will then focus our efforts to finding Master Cyclonis and restore her to power. Once that has been taken care of, we will resume Cyclonian expansion.

With that, Thrawn had laid out his plans to regain control of the Cyclonian Empire. This plan presented many risks. Not only would the Sky Knights would pose a threat, but the potential armies of Ravess and Snipe. He was also aware of the Storm Hawks and the serious threat they pose. Despite this, Thrawn was not fazed.

Thrawn: Gather the fleet. We move immediately. 

Count Ulric: Understood.

Thrawn and Count Ulric soon gathered the Cyclonian fleet and prepared to make the journey to Terra Cyclonia. Thrawn began laying the groundwork for an invasion of Atmos itself. First he would move in to regain control of the Terra Cyclonia and build up it's military. Then he would move to wage war and conquer the Sky Knights. With that, the invasion of Atmos by Grand Admiral Thrawn was underway. Atmos would not be ready for this war.