Chapter XXIV

After the destruction of the Chimera, Aerrow and Piper chased after Thrawn across the skies of Atmos. During the chase, they were contacted by Finn.

Finn(Comlink): Guys! Can you hear me?!

Aerrow: Loud and clear! Did you get out of the Chimera?

Finn(Comlink): Yeah. It wasn't exactly a smooth escape, but we managed to get everyone out of there before the thing went down. Where are you?

Aerrow: We're going after Thrawn. Get the others to safety! 

With that, Aerrow and Piper continued to chase after Thrawn. As the chase dragged on, Thrawn glanced over behind him to see Aerrow and Piper closing in on him. Thrawn showed no concern. Thrawn began performing a series of maneuvers in an attempt to throw Aerrow and Piper off his trail. 

Piper: He's trying to lose us! 

Aerrow: No he's not! Piper, keep following him! I got a plan!

Aerrow then piloted his Skimmer above Thrawn's. Once Aerrow was in position, Radarr took control of the Skimmer as Aerrow jumped off. He landed in Thrawn's Skimmer and the two engaged in a fist fight on the Skimmer. 

Aerrow: You're not getting away, Thrawn! 

Thrawn: A bold plan, Aerrow. You risk your own life for the sake of victory. Perhaps you would've made a truly remarkable solider under my command. 

Aerrow: Like I'd help you!

Aerrow pressed the attack against Thrawn. Thrawn maintained a strong defense during the course of the fight. Eventually, Thrawn gained the upper hand and kicked Aerrow off the Skimmer. Radarr immediately piloted the Skimmer to rescue Aerrow. 

Aerrow: Good save, Radarr!

Aerrow soon took control of the Skimmer and joined up with Piper and continued the chase for Thrawn. As the chased dragged on, they found themselves approaching the Terra Cyclonia. 

Piper: Cyclonia?! Why is retreating back to Cyclonia?!

Aerrow: Doesn't matter! We're catching him and we're bringing him to justice!

As Aerrow and Piper closed in on him, Thrawn landed his Skimmer before the entrance of the Cyclonian Palace. Before he moved forward, he looked to see the Skimmers of Aerrow and Piper closing in. He knew that if he ran now, Aerrow and Piper would be able to catch up with him due to their young age. Thrawn pulls out his blaster pistol and aims it at the Skimmers. He fires two shots which damages the two Skimmers, causing them both to malfunction. 

Piper: Aerrow! I'm losing control!

Aerrow: Same here! Hang on!

As the two Skimmers crashed, Thrawn took the opportunity to make his getaway. At the entrance, Aerrow and Piper along Radarr crawled out from the wreckage of the Skimmers. 

Aerrow: Is everyone okay?

Piper: I'll be fine. 

Aerrow: Looks like Thrawn tried to slow us down by shooting down our Skimmers. Let's show him that we won't be stopped that easily!

With that, Aerrow and Piper along with Radarr entered the Cyclonian Palace to continue their chase for Thrawn. Meanwhile, Thrawn navigated through the ruined corridors of the Cyclonian Palace without difficulty. With the Storm Hawks closing in on him, Thrawn knew that if he were to leave Atmos, he would need to be quick and decisive. Eventually, Thrawn made his way to the Cyclonian Palace's hanger bay where the ship he arrived Atmos in was being stationed. 

Thrawn: Perfect. 

As Thrawn approached his ship, he heard footsteps coming his way. Knowing the Storm Hawks were closing in, Thrawn walked up to the console that controlled the hanger doors. As Thrawn began to seal the doors, Aerrow and Piper along with Radarr began running for the door. They were unable to reach the door in time as the door seals shut. 

Aerrow: Damn! We need to get this door open before he gets away!

Piper: I...I think I have an idea. Stand back! 

Aerrow and Radarr fell back as Piper activated her Binding powers. As she does so, Piper uses the Fire's Fight ability to blast open the doors. As the smoke clears, they see Thrawn's ship beginning to take off. Without hesitation, Aerrow ran up to the ship and attempts to board it. As Aerrow got close to the ship, Thrawn's ship took off and shot into the sky. Aerrow looked around and saw several Talon Defender Skimmers that were yet o be deployed.

Aerrow: Let's go! We can still catch up to him if we go now!

Aerrow and Radarr got on one Skimmer while Piper got on another. With that, they resumed their chase. Meanwhile inside his ship, Thrawn was preparing the jump to Hyperspace. Thrawn checked the ship's sensors to see two small objects heading his way. He knew that those two objects were Aerrow and Piper. As Thrawn prepared the jump to Hyperspace, he took a moment to reflect on his battles with the Storm Hawks. In them, he saw worthy opponents who deserved his respect. 

Thrawn: And so it ends.....artistically done. Farewell, Storm Hawks. 

With a final gesture of respect, Thrawn's ship jumped into Hyperspace, allowing Thrawn to escape from Atmos. As Thrawn's ship jumped into Hyperspace, Aerrow and Piper were shocked by how fast Thrawn was able to get away. At the same time, they were frustrated at themselves at the fact that Thrawn had managed to get away. In that moment, Thrawn had escaped Atmos, ending his conquest on Atmos as well as ending the rise of the reconstituted Cyclonian Empire. Though Thrawn was gone, the Storm Hawks still had to deal with the ramifications of Thrawn's invasion. For better or worse, the threat of Grand Admiral Thrawn had ended.