i'm starstruck

*jakes pov*

7:45am, im laying in bed thinking about yesterday, it was amazing, it went so well and went exactly to plan, well kind of. i wanted to find out what's bothering her but by her reaction to what i was saying yesterday it shows there is something there and she does appreciate the help. after day dreaming about the day my alarm goes off, its 8 o' clock, meaning i should be getting ready for work and i can't wait to see her again.

i roll out of bed with a big smile on my face, i cant help it. i quickly hop in the shower, the feeling of the hot water tingles down my back and i wet my face and hair. after a speedy wash i hop out and wrap the towel around my waist walking to my closet to pick out some clothes for the day, i end up picking a blue button up, a black tie with a zip up sweater over it, of course my lucky pair of jeans, in which i solve most of my cases and i throw on my leather jacket cause its new york and its always chilly in the morning. i walk into the kitchen grabbing a granola bar, my badge and my house keys. "phone, check. wallet, check. badge, keys, double check." i say out loud while heading out the door and locking it behind me.

i show up to work hoping that amy is already in and to my luck she is. "morning santiago" i say walking up to my desk which is right in front of hers. "peralta! how's my favourite organizer?" she says with a smile. "im good, tired but nothing a little coffee cant fix" i chuckle lightly sitting down at my desk to settle in. i ask how she is while cleaning up some papers that were left on my desk. "honestly jake" she pauses for a brief second "im doing really good, yesterday was so fun and therapeutic to me, you have no idea how much i needed it so thank you" she says with a soft smile looking at me. " im glad you enjoyed yourself amy, you deserve it i hope you know that, and i mean what i said yesterday, every word" i say looking back at her unsure on how she'll respond, im being so soft with her, so gentile, and sincere, i honestly didn't know i had it in me. "you mean the part where you said you missed the transformers?" she says laughing "im kidding, seriously jake thank you, it means a lot to me" she says while we smile at each other.

a few hours go by and amy and i talk all day, more than usual, its like since yesterday our connection grew even more and it took us to a new level, she melts my heart every time i look at her, the sparkle in her eyes, her little smile, the way her hair falls so perfectly onto her shoulders, im starstruck by her beauty, inside and out. im really facing for, and not in some silly crush way, i mean head over heals, falling for her. i offer to take her out to lunch, a friendly lunch. "oh you bet peralta! mexican?" she asks and i nod

*amys pov*

i ask jake to give me a few minutes so i can get ready to leave, lunch break doesn't start for another 15 minutes anyway. jake and i are having a really good morning, we keep talking and laughing, he's even giving me some butterflies, which is new, well since yesterday. im still wondering if we've always been this flirty and close and why have i never noticed, but he's making me feel better, he's making me feel safe, i haven't felt safe in a while, i need it. i know i could talk to him, im just so scared to talk to anyone, I've worked cases like these hundreds of times, a classic "he said, she said" but im not sure how long i can keep this bottled up, maybe i should talk to him.

-jj