realization

jake's pov:

i woke up this morning while trying to process the dream i just had. amy and i were on a date and it was going so well, then i woke up, but the thing is i never thought of her in that way before which is why it confused me so much. anyways i brushed it off and jumped in the shower quickly and rushing to eat breakfast cause of course im late.. i always am

*at the precinct*

i walked in 3 minutes before 9am and rosa said "wow look who's 3 minutes early" i just laughed and rolled my eyes back at her. arriving at my desk and setting my bag next to my chair taking on the case ive even working on for the past 3 days, i looked up and saw her...amy...has she always been that beautiful?has her smile always been that been that beautiful? after a few seconds she looked back at me and said "morning peralta" in which it took a few seconds to snap out of my daydream and i finally said "ah santiago morning" she lightly smiled at me and went back to work. my head automatically started to overthink. what the fuck were these feelings? i took a few seconds and just told myself it was only because of the dream and id snap out of it eventually. the next few hours were mostly just some paperwork and luckily amy went out with rosa for a case so i had time to get myself.

amy's pov:

jake walked in this morning looking off and not thinking straight. as he sat down and took out his things he looked at me with weird dreamy eyes as if he was trying to figure something out, i don't think he saw me at first, and after a while and just said "morning peralta" in hopes he'd snap out of whatever he was doing or thinking about and after a while he looked back at me properly and said "ah santiago morning" i smiled lightly not knowing what else to say.. he wasn't usually this weird and he usual makes a comment about my outfit as soon as he walks into the precinct. i just looked down and went back to planning the case for rosa and i. and every once in awhile i could see jake confused about his own thoughts.after i left in the car i was trying to think on what he could be bothering him or thinking about, after all im a detective. when we came back to the precinct i looked at the time 4:45pm and started to rush to get a bag. jake looked at me confused and asked me "what's going on santiago? usually you wait till after 5 to leave" i looked back at him and told him " i have a date tonight and we were supposed to meet here so i need to go change really quick" and i walked off to the bathroom.

jake's pov:

at around 4:45pm the girls came back from the investigation. amy looked at the clock and saw the time and i could tell her anxitey kick in. i looked at her in a confused yet concerned way and asked her "what's going on santiago? usually you wait till after 5 to leave" she looked at me quickly and told me"i have a date tonight and we were supposed to meet here so i need to go change really quick" and she walked away right away, and for some reason when she told me she had a date my heart shattered into a million pieces. what the hell was going on. as i started to pack up amy came out in a beautiful red dress that was skin tight and she had this lipstick on that complimented the dress so well. i honestly couldn't help myself but stare at her, she was so beautiful and it made my stomach have butterflies. she picked up her purse and jacket smiled lightly at me while walking out. what the hell was going on and why did i start feeling this way?

a/n; im not too sure if this style of writing is good but i think i kinda like it so.. tell me i guess. hah okay cya <3 -jj