like were eachothers world

*jakes pov*

im stunned, i spent the night at amy's last night, which is absolutely crazy. she fell asleep with her head resting on my leg while i played with her hair. i dont entirely remember falling asleep but i just knew i couldn't move, she seemed so peaceful, she seemed so calm and i just knew she really needed the sleep so i just stayed put. sleeping in a sitting position is never the comfiest but for her id sleep on a bed of nails, or is it roses, i dont know, what ever is least comfortable. while making our way to her car i sip my coffee and double check my pockets for my wallet, phone, badge, and keys.
we get to the office and walk into the elevator. "us showing up at the same time, i wonder what people will think" she says jokingly while nudging my shoulder. i laugh along with her as my mind spirals, us walking in together, like we're together, like we're eachothers world, eachothers paradise, eachothers safe place. the ding of the elevator makes me snap out of it. we walk out of the elevator in sync giggling softly while talking about the movies we watched.
a few heads turn towards us in confusion making us laugh even more because of what we said in the elevator. making our way to our desks we settle in and sit down. i've always liked that our desks have been next to eachother, i've always liked that i can look up and see her face all concentrated and focused. we spend a few minutes chit-chatting, talking about our night, the food, everything and anything till the captain walked in.
" good morning squad" he states "this weekend is the squads get-away, i will send you all the details by email, but i expect to see you all there" he says in a monotone voice but you can sense his slight happiness. the squads nods while he heads back into his office. after a few minutes we all get an email from holt.
"a beach house get-away, that sounds sick" i say looking up at amy and she nods back to me. "peralta" she says still looking up at me "wanna carpool? it's a few hours away, you can bring snacks, and be in charge of music" she laughs  lightly. "oh you bet" i smile "that sounds awesome"
carpooling with her, 3 uninterrupted hours with her in a car, 3 hours with her to bond and laugh, time to make her laugh and smile and keep her safe, and protect her. it's gonna be perfect.