she likes her nickname

*jake's pov*

rosa and i walk back inside after our quick talk and i sit back at my desk. im feeling a little better now, i think i just needed to let out my emotions and let myself be nervous for a minute. i look up at amy and smile lightly, she smiles back and looks back down at her computer and i do the same. shifts done in a couple hours, which usually would zip by oddly quick but today felt like an eternity. as the clock approaches five o'clock my nerves seem to sky rocket. i give myself a quick pep-talk in my head.

you're okay.
you got this.
this will go well.
she needs you jake.

okay, five o'clock. get it together jake, you can do it. i clean up my desk quickly and straighten out my files and papers. "are you ready peralta?" amy says smiling and standing up with her bag in one hand and phone in the other. i stand up and nod. "yupp I'm ready to at all the chinese and watch every movie ever" really jake... that's the best answer you could come up with, despite my my poor response she laughs and says that she is too. we walk towards the elevator and wait for it to open and charles shows up behind us.
"jake! i just heard of a new meatball factory that gives out free meatball subs, want to check it out right now" he exclaims in an overly excited tone, who gets that excited over meatballs. "actually charles, ill need to take a rain check, im hanging out with amy tonight, sorry buddy" i say with a light smile hoping i don't let him down too much. instantly charles lets out a squeal of excitement, i abruptly get embarrassed and let out an awkward chuckle "thats amazing guys! you two have fun" he says while letting out a smirk, while he walks away. finally the elevator opens and we step in it, once the doors close amy lets out a laugh "that was so awkward" she laughs some more, i start to laugh as well. "i know! a meatball factory... man you gotta love charles" i add on still laughing while she laughs as well. we head out of the lobby and make our way to amys car, luckily i didn't bring my car into work today, it was nice so i decided to walk. she unlocks her door and i hop into the passengers seat, "of course your car is spotless santiago, it looks like you bought it today" i laugh lightly well knowing that she's had this car for years now. "hey!" she laughs "dont hate on the car, you WISH your car looked this good" she laughs again putting her car into drive and backing out of the parking lot. i jokingly roll my eyes towards her, "my car looks even better than this" i say with a proud smirk "jake you probably six day old pasta in your car" she quickly looks at me and looks back at the road giggling. "jokes on you amy, its eight days old" i say jokingly laughing, she laughs along keeping her eyes on the road. after some chit-chatting we arrive at her apartment complex, i haven't been here since her Super Bowl party she hosted although she didn't cook, charles did. amy can't cook, she's amazing at thousands of things, but cooking is not one of them. i smile lightly to myself thinking about the superbowl party, it was a great night. amy parks her car and we get out out walking towards the entrance of her apartment complex. we make her way up to her place and she gets her keys out of her bag and unlocks the door. "we made it" she says smiling walking into her apartment placing down her bag onto the kitchen counter and closes the door after i walk in. "finally" i say jokingly taking off my jacket and amy reaches out for it to place it in the entrance closet as i thank her. "hey jake?" she turns back around and faces towards me with a soft smile. i smile lightly back asking what's up. "thank you for coming over, it really means a lot, i really needed this, if im honest..." she pauses as if she's nervous to continue what she's about to say. "if im honest, you're the only sense of security and safety I've been able to feel lately, and im just really thankful that youre here by my side. so i just wanna say thank you" she says letting herself smile than looks down at the floor. "ames" i say looking at her even if she's looking down, " of course im here, where else would i be, im not going anywhere, im glad i can make you feel safe and secure, thats what you deserve" now i pause for a second "youre not gonna go through this alone, im gonna be here for every step of the way, and be here for whatever you may need" smiling lightly amy lifts her head back up. "thank you jake" she smiles and blushes lightly "i like ames, how did you come up with that?" she asks with a smile, i guess she didn't fully hear me call her that earlier, but i dont blame her, she had just told me her story. "i dont know" i chuckle "it kind of just came to me, im glad you like it"

she likes her nickname.

-jj