an/intro

hii! thank you for picking my story to read!
this is a spin off that's based around mid season 2 of the show brooklyn nine-nine, taking place after she meets teddy, in this story they did not know each other before their reconnection. jake is already in love with amy but he does not confess his feelings to her right away, and at the same time amy develops feelings of her own.
____________________________________
trigger warning: there is a fair amount of cursing and/or inappropriate language, there is also sexual assault and part of an abusive relationship for a little bit as well as a trial in court. so this may be sensitive to some readers. please know that if you are going through anything similar or not, that you are not alone, talk to someone. if you are in immediate danger please call/contact 9-1-1.

please know that people love you, and people are here for you. no matter what battle you're going through, you will see the sun shine.
you're loved<3

USA: Text HOME to 741741 to connect with a trained Crisis Counselor
CANADA: Text HOME to 686868 in Canada to text with a trained Crisis Responder.
EUROPE: Call from anywhere in EU/EEA 116 123
____________________________________
here are a few things to know for the story!!

location: brooklyn/new york city

characters:
jake peralta
amy santiago
rosa diaz + gina linetti (married)
charles boyle
raymond holt
teddy wells
etc