mocha latte

**text convo**

j: so what should we do? how should we do this?

r: lets meet up after work to talk about a plan, there's some other things i need to tell you.

j: okay, starbucks 7pm?

r: see you there

**starbucks**

jakes pov:

i walk into the starbucks and quickly scope around the coffee shop, maybe that's just a detective thing, i walk up to barista and order a regular coffee, no milk, no sugar. out of all the fancy drinks i order a regular coffee...
i hear the door open and i turn my head, i see rosa walking in and looking around too, we make eye contact as she waves to me and walks towards me
"peralta, you made it" she smiled i nodded lightly "yes indeed, i also ordered some coffee" and right as i said that, the barista turns towards us facing the counter "black coffee for jake" i raise my hand and take the drink, then rosa goes to order a mocha latte.
a few minutes later we find a table and sit.

"okay, so what do we do?" i ask in a concerned tone, while she takes a sip of her mocha.
"well there's some things i should tell you first, kind of ironic actually" i look at her slightly confused "how is any of this ironic rosa" i respond in a dry yet confused tone.
"well amy came to me, about you" i stare at her while she talks "she's noticed you've been acting off around her and at work, she's concerned and worried about you, now i don't think she has a clue that the reason is you have feelings for her, but she knows you're off" i felt my jaw drop to the floor,she's noticed...she noticed me, she cares about me...
fuck...she's gonna know...
"well what did you tell her?" i ask trying to seem as lowkey as possible even though my mind is spiraling 100 miles per second.
"well...." she took a breath "i told her i'd look into it, i told her i'd confront you and try to find what's up with you, but now i've made the same agreements with you" she paused for a bit and took another sip, "so i'm not sure what exactly what to do now, not sure what to say to her" she scratches her forehead.
"so basically we need a whole new plan, because i've noticed how off she's been, i've noticed the little things, i'm hopelessly in a loop of thoughts fulfilled by her" i take a breath.
"so what do we do?" i say discouraged
"well...let's see"

-jj