the first date

amy's pov:

i waited in the lobby area of the precinct for a couple minutes before my date came to pick me up, honestly i had no idea what to expect because once again my mom had set me up with one of her friend's son. while i was waiting i kept trying to figure out why jake was being so odd and weird today. he didn't insult me once, and he was quiet all day so the detective in me was determined to find out what was wrong. a few minutes passed and someone finally walked in. he was pretty tall and not horrible looking. he walked up to me and said "amy santiago right?" i looked at him and nodded and told him "so you must be teddy wells" i lightly giggled because i sensed the awkwardness in the air and i was really bad at these kind of things. he told me i looked pretty so i thanked him quietly. he walked towards the door and said "the uber should be here in a minute or so according to the app, i decided we could go to olive garden, your mom told me you enjoy eating there" he looked at me waiting for some kind of answer, eventually i looked up and said "haha yeah i do enjoy some olive garden, and- wait what? you talked directly to my mom... god i swear I'm gonna murder her.." he looked at me laughing while he opened the door for me leading to the sidewalk waiting for the car to pull up "yes, my mom must of gave your mom my number, it was a strange conversation" he said waiting for me to pass. i just looked down and embarrassedly sighed looking at the car, knowing id call her arriving at home for a lovely conversation regarding that call. a few seconds later the uber showed up and teddy opened the door for me yet again, i smiled while getting in and buckling my seat belt. the car ride was even more awkward than the lobby, i looked out the window and just went back trying to figure out what was wrong with jake. after around 15 minutes we arrived at the restaurant and ill admit it wasn't the worst dinner ive ever had. we talked about our interests and our jobs, and jump around telling different stories, teddy was pretty interesting and i tried my best to put this whole jake situation on hold so i could enjoy my date. it was a fun simple night and we decided to walk back back to my apartment since it was only 4 blocks away. the walk was quite fun, teddy was kind of serious and not as funny as lets say jake, which didn't bother me too much but just a little. when we arrived at my apartment building it was kind of an weird goodbye, i gave him my number and he test texted me to make sure it worked, after an awkward minute or so he kissed on the cheek and went inside and went to bed since i had work the next morning.

jake's pov:

my night was long and horrible all i could think about was amy and that stupid date of hers, i hadn't seen him but i already hated him. i went down to the bar after work and just sat down and sipped on a beer for a few hours, my mind was spiralling and i didn't know what to do or think about but all i knew was that i clearly had something for amy that i needed to figure out, and i thought about till the end of the night at the bar, and i walked home and just went into bed upset and frustrated, the only explanation i could think of is that i always some type of feelings for her...ew charles was right... which made sense i guess i always tried to make her laugh and smile but i didn't think anything of it, but i think that the dream woke me up somehow and just made me realize them. i just laid down in my bed looking at the celling going through every single last thing that amy and that douche could be doing right now, eventually i had to stop myself because i could tell i was getting way too worked up over this. so i went to bed and dreaded tomorrow morning.

-jj