stay subtile

*rosa and gina are married cause dianetti bitch*

jake's pov:

after i snoozed my alarm 4 times and struggled to get out of bed my mind directly went to amy, like what was this..a middle school crush where they are all they think about.. i wasn't sure, i took off early again because at this point my whole routine was mixed and flipped upside, on my defence i had just realized i had a crush on amy for god knows how long.

i arrived at the precinct at 8:45am, which was extremely early for me to show up to work, the only people there were rosa and gina, rosa was leaning over gina's desk and they were just talking and when they saw me rosa got up and walked towards me and said "damn peralta, and you sick or something? you look tired but you are here surprisingly early...earlier than santiago.." and i guess when she said amy's name my eyes reacted in a way that rosa noticed clearly. we exchanged eye contact for a while until i said "i have lots of. things going on there is gonna be some sleepless nights and coming in early i guess" i walked towards my desk and sat down and practically sank into the office chair. part of me in a way hoped they would have got that hint i practically slammed on the ground so i could have someone to talk to because it was tearing me inside. id talk to charles but he'd go full boyle and somehow make it worse. a few minutes after i started to log on my computer and start my leftover desk work amy walked in. she walked over to her desk and sat down unpacking her bags then looked up and smiled to me. i tried to stay subtile and calm and simply smiled back and said "santiago" and she said my name back. after a few minutes i looked at her and asked her about her date . she looked at me in kind of a shocked that i even asked but shortly after said, "it was actually okay,, we had a pretty good time and i ended up giving him my number" i looked back and nodded and tried my best to not just lose my mind, so instead i decided to joke and say "wow, your number! no way! very bold santiago" and she laughed and jokingly said "aw is peralta jealous or something" i widely opened my eyes not knowing what to do so i instantly faked laughed and i said "you wish!" while my heart completely stopped. she then went back to work and i got up to go to the bathroom. once in the bathroom i stared at myself directly in the mirror then splashed water in my face to try and wake up from this nightmare. i just wanted her, so badly, but i knew she didn't feel the same, nor would she ever.

once i walked back to my desk i sat down and worked for about 3 hours until rosa and boyle walked in yelling and hyping up in joy. rosa shouted "we FINALLY caught the bastard we've been looking for for months!" she high-fived charles and everyone clapped. we've all been looking for him for months now so it was a big deal. gina walked over to rosa and kissed her and said "good job babe" and rosa smiled and hugged her then said "we NEED to celebrate, shaws 8pm?" everyone looked around making sure everyone wanted too and we all agreed then went back to our desks. the rest of the day was decent we were all too caught in hearing what happened during the steak out. well they were telling the story i kept looking back at amy while shed smile and nod to rosa.

rosa's pov:

all day at work i noticed how weird jake was being but i tried to let it slide, but once i got home and gina was heating up leftovers before we went to the bar i sat down and said "babe? did you notice anything oddly weird about jake today? he seemed off and said he had things going on at the moment so i just, well i don't, don't know,," i looked down and tried to think what could be so off. then gina walked up to me and lifted my head and kissed me then said "i actually did baby, but hey don't go all rosa and beat yourself up about it, tonight after we get a few drinks into him we'll ask him. we can even ask amy first since she sits right infront of him and knowing her she's noticed too and is going all santiago trying to figure it out too, that's what the nine-nine does for each other, every time for any of us" i took a second to process what she said while pull her close to me and sat her on my lap. i responded with a little sigh "yeah, you are right, we'll do that tonight, thanks babe you really know how to calm me down. i know the nine-nine thinks im emotionless and strong" i chuckled "which is exactly how i want them to think, but ugh.. sometimes i just spiral and over think then worry beca-" gina cut me off and said"rosa, babe, baby, listen to me, thats why im here okay you don't need to justify your stress and anxiety to me okay? i know how you are, remember? im your wife" she lightly giggled and rubbed my back while getting up to go get the food. i smiled lightly and simply said "gina i love you" she looked back at meant smiled widely not saying a word but i knew that was her saying she loved me, i saw it in her eyes.

amy's pov:

it was day 2 of jake being oddly weird and quiet and i still had absolutely no idea what it was about. he asked me about my date which i found weird at first but then he joked around lightly which made sense, but i still felt like he was uncomfortable and i had no idea what to do. maybe at the party tonight he'd talk to me, i just really didn't know.

-jj