time froze and whole universe was ours

*amys pov*

jake and i start walking down to the ocean, leaving our shoes the edge of the stairs that lead to the beach house. still holding our drinks we make our way to the water, both of us get the slight jitters '"jeez thats cold" he says laughing yet keeps his feet in the water, i laugh along "well get used to it im sure" i add on kicking the water lightly and watching the water slowly sway back and forth hitting our feet. "crazy about gina and rosa right?" jake says walking ahead of me and turning around to still be looking at me. "i know right, im so happy for them its crazy" i smile "they definitely deserve thats for sure" i add on, jake chuckles "rosa as a mom will be something to see" he laughs "im kidding, shell be amazing, we all know it" he says still smiling. "do you think well ever get there?" i say looking down, "what do you mean?" he asks looking at me even though im looking down, we stop walking. "i mean at that point in our lives, happy, married, having babies, living our best lives, because right now it sure feels like ill never reach that point" i look up at him lightly then taking a large sip of my beer. "ames, we will get to that point, even if it doesn't seem like it. you will get your happy ending and everything you could ever hope and dream for" he smiles lightly and grabs my hand squeezes it lightly. "i will make sure you get to that point in your life, if its the last thing i do, ill do it" he adds still holding my hand. "jake... i need to tell you something, and i dont know exactly how to tell you because i dont exactly know what it is"

i look at his hand holding mine. "look maybe its just me, or maybe im just crazy and there's nothing here, but the way we've been acting lately or maybe its cause you've been taking care of me" i pause for a minute, "but, but i think i like you, and not just a light crush, but this heavy feeling of love, youre the only one i trust, the only one that makes me feel safe, you've been here for me through everything, with you time stops, we can be soft, we can be goofy, and i know we've always been like that but ever since the expo its like every feeling ive had for you has been amplified, now if you dont feel the-" he smiles and cuts me off "ames... ive been feeling the same for a long time now, its been keeping me up at night, its been making my insides feel tossed and turned, i couldn't sleep, i couldn't eat, i had to tell rosa about my feelings for you before i exploded, and i know its not the easiest time for you right now, and i know your whole life is flipped and turned upside-down but now that youre admitting your feelings i cant keep it in anymore, ames..." he takes a deep breath, "im in love with you and i have been for a while, so yes i do feel the same way, i" i put my hands on his cheeks then look into his eyes for a second. "you, you love me?" i cant feel my eyes light up and my smile go up to my ears, "yes ames i love you" he smiles, i cant believe it, he loves me, he's in love with me, my whole world feels complete, its like everything in the world is right, like every bad thing thats ever happened just disappeared. with my hands on his cheeks i look up at him with light tears in my eyes. "i love you too" i say with the brightest smile. he puts his hands over mine and smiles back at me, "so what now?" he asks still smiling at me while rubbing his thumb on my hand. "this" i lean in and our lips touch, his soft lips touch mine and its like time froze and the whole universe was ours, my bottle falls to the ground hitting the sand, my hands still on his cheeks they make their way up to the back of his head and i run my fingers through his hair while his slowly moves to grab my waist. after about a minute we slowly pull apart, his hands on my waist we both smile and i let out a soft giggle. "youre such a dork" he says laughing, "yes i am but you love me anyway" i laugh back at  him nudging his shoulder. "yes i do love you" he says smiling and pulls me into a tight hug. "ames" he says pulling away from the hug and taking off his sweater and putting it over my shoulders as he rubs my arms with his hands. i nod and smile, "this may be a little sudden, but life its sudden, life is unpredictable, and ive been trying to hide my love for you for far too long, and i dont wanna do that anymore, i dont want to not be with you, i wanna be yours, i wanna be with you, so lets just say screw it, be my girlfriend ames" he smiles and grabs both of my hands and squeezes them lightly. "just the two of us, we can make it if we try, just the two of us" he smiles, he quoted my favourite song, he wants to be mine, and i want to be his, i want our worlds to collide. "but what about everything, im not an easy person to be with, im dealing with a lot and there's still a lot to come, i dont want to put you through any of that, you dont deserve that" i say still holding his hands and smiling softly. "ames, ive said it before and ill say it forever, ill never let you go through this, or anything alone, i will never ever leave your side, no matter what, i will be here with you every step of the way, i will never let you go, so please, be my girlfriend" he smiles and takes his hands to move my hair out of my face because the breeze of the ocean air is making it go all crazy. "yes, ill be your girlfriend" i say nodding to confirm my statement. i get closer to him and i lean in and kiss him again, slowly but passionately, we kiss till we are out of air, i pull away softly "i love you jake" i smile and look at him in his eyes, "i love you too ames" he smiles back and kisses my cheek. "its getting late, we should head back before people start to worry" he adds on while grabbing my hand softly while starting to walk. "good idea babe, lets go" i say following him and grabbing onto his hand, we slowly make our way back, laughing, sharing his beer, talking about everything and nothing all together.

we grab our our shoes and walk up the stairs and head to the beach house. "do we uh, do we tell them" i scratch my forehead lightly. "yes, well if you want, but i dont want to spend another moment hiding my love for you" he smiles lightly running his fingers
through my hair. "okay fuck it, lets do this"

-jj