Chapter Fourteen: A Sense of Normalcy

Jazmin

I was too busy fucking this dude I met at the restaurant in the building to hear Imani's phone call. We were in the midst of cuddling when I checked my phone and my jaw dropped. Omg my best friend. I called her immediately, not giving a fuck about the dude I'm cuddling.

"Mani bae omg are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah Jaz, I'm all good I'm back in the city and girl you need to come back home. I miss you." She said and immediately I jumped up. "I'm on my way." I said and hung up the phone.

"I gotta head home, you're really good in bed tho." I complimented the dude and walked out of his apartment. I hopped in an Uber and headed to the penthouse.

When I opened the door, I was engulfed with a hug. I hugged her back and smiled. She's finally back to normal. I looked around and saw the whole gang, including her siblings. Valentino seemed to be... relieved? Something definitely happened between them.

"We have so much to do today." She said and ran off.

Imani

Last night was so amazing, when I walked in, I didn't expect to see that Valentino did that for me. While picking out my outfit for the day I started to daydream about last night.

I dropped my bag when I saw the rose petals and candles scattered across the apartment. Slow music playing faintly. A smile instantly spread across my lips. Only he would do this.

"Ciao, passerotta." His deep voice filled the room. I turned and saw him standing near the island with a glass of whiskey in his hand. His suit was undone his tie hung loosely around his neck. I smiled and walked over, hugging him. He smelled like coconut and tree bark. "I'm sorry," I started.

"I'm sorry for being so crazy about this whole situation. I just would've appreciated some honestly from you, V. I didn't know what I was getting myself into and being forced into things is not for me. But I just want us to be okay, I've missed you so much." I said into his chest.

"Sì, I'm sorry for not telling you the truth. I just really didn't want to lose you. I promise to be completely honest in the future, amor." He said, his voice vibrating in his chest. He lead me over to the couch and continued to talk to me.

We talked about my two and a half day trip back home, my mom and where we go from here. "So what are... we?" I ask. "I'd like to date you, Imani." He said looking into my eyes. We'd never specified and I could feel my heart beating in my chest. "Well are you gonna ask me correctly?" I asked playfully. He chuckled.

"Will you date me, Imani?" He asked, rubbing his fingers across my knuckles. Fucking finallyyy. "Of course, Valentino" I cheesed at him and he kissed me. His hand rested on my throat lightly as he kissed me deeply.

I let him lead the kiss and I felt his abs through his thin shirt. His big hands grip my waist and pull me up to straddle his lap. I sat on him and he kissed down my neck. I let my hands grip in his hair and I moaned slightly when I felt him leave a mark.

He got handsy and placed his hands on my ass, guiding my hips slowly. I put my hand on his chest and pushed him back. "You're gonna wait for it." I said with a smirk and got off his lap. The semi boner in his pants told me he was ready for more. But not yet.

Anyways yeah, I'm sexually frustrated like a bitch. Today, V told me that there's a charity gala we need to attend so we need to go dress shopping and sizing. Aria, Jay, Chelsea and Jacob are coming along since Aria and Jay have to head back soon.

Once I finished picking out my outfit, I went to check on how everyone else was doing. They were all seated on the couch waiting for me. Oh, I thought I was fast. It's all the damn daydreaming. "Let's go guys, I'm so excited!" I said as I ran around the couch, bothering everybody.