Chapter Eleven: Home

Imani

What even is my life? I watched as Jazmin danced around to the music on the speaker. "How are you so calm?" I asked her. She grabbed her wine and took another sip. "Because everything is going to be alright."

"We are in the Mafia. All I wanted was a goddamn sugar daddy." I looked at the tattoo on my inner arm that permanently said '[Omertà]' in script. "Mani, we don't even do anything we're like the most irrelevant people in the Mafia." She shrugged.

"You know what, get dressed up. We're doing random shit today." I sighed and got up to look in my closet.

(I'm writing this at the bus stop where I've been waiting in the cold for 50 minutes. I also have hypothermia)

I put on a matching Bape outfit and Jaz put on the same thing but purple. "What are we doing?" I asked. "Shopping." She had a mischievous smirk.

"Okay." We hopped in our suv I was constantly checking the rear view mirror to see if any car was following us. She pulled into the parking lot and grabbed her bag. I pulled my hood over my head and she rolled her eyes and pulled it off.

"Target first?" I nodded and when we walked into the store I pulled my sleeve extra hard so the tattoo for sure wouldn't show. I felt like every one was looking at me.

"We need food. Like actual fresh food because this frozen food is starting to get to me." She rubbed the little tummy that's starting to form.

"Maybe you're pregnant." I laughed and suggested. "Bitch I don't even get enough dick for that." We both laughed.

"God I've missed grocery shopping." Jaz nodded. "And we can actually afford to get what we want." She wrapped up some apples and threw them in the cart.

Jesus it's hot in here. I rolled up my sleeves. We picked up all the food we wanted and I even picked up some diamond fairy lights. When we got to the register I was handing the lady my card and she took it and said, "Cool tattoo! What does it mean?" My heart stopped and I'm pretty sure my face went pale.

Like the melanin disappeared. "It's a sentimental family tattoo." Jaz saved my ass. H She nodded and swiped the card. She blew a bubble with her gum and handed me back my card.

When we were in the parking lot Jaz had an attitude. "Imani, you have to stop getting so nervous about the stupid ass tattoo." Jazmin basically yelled in my ear. "Okay but what about the day when cops pull me over and the tattoo is on full display. I'm going to fucking jail. This stupid tattoo ruined my life!" I yelled at her.

She sighs and puts the rest of the food in the trunk. When she drove off I kept my head in the direction of the street refusing to talk to her. "So we really gon' fight over a tattoo." She sighed.

My phone vibrated in my pocket and it was Valentino. I rolled my eyes. He has the nerve to ask if I'm up for training. I sent him a dry ass no and proceed to scroll through Instagram.

When we got home I helped her put groceries away silently. "You should pack a suitcase because we're going home." She said. "What?" "We're going to see ma and Dad."

I packed my suitcase quickly. I tried to put on anything but name brand but literally everything thing on me is name brand. I have on a Louis Vuitton shirt, my Gucci slides and Chanel pants and my Gucci purse.